Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just flipping through the channels and I see Eastlink has added AMC, TCM, MTM, HIS, CNN, KTLA, WPIX, Global-W, , CBC-W, CTV-W and Big10 to the HD system. Hopefully you in Hfx now have them also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just flipping through the channels and I see Eastlink has added AMC, TCM, MTM, HIS, CNN, KTLA, WPIX, Global-W, , CBC-W, CTV-W and Big10 to the HD system. Hopefully you in Hfx now have them also.
Thanks for the info. I'm in Halifax and just checked, we had History and AMC before, but still don't seem to have TCM, CNN, CBCW, GlobW, CTVW, etc.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For some reason Global, CTV and CBC along with KTLA and WPIX are coming up not authorized. I subscribe to KTLA and PIX and I would think the three "locals" would automatically be included so I may have to give them a call.

Hope they add them to your system soon. I wouldn't have thought we'd have gotten them before you. Actually I just assumed that Bridgewater would be on the Hfx system.

·
Registered
938 Posts
You only get the western canadian channels if you also subscribe to the time zone theme pack

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nope don't have TCMHD, (MTM)MovietimeHD, CNNHD, KTLAHD, WPIXHD, GlobWHD, CBCWHD, CTVWHD and Big10HD.
Pretty incredible Halifax, Eastlinks largest subscriber base , is missing all these and more HD channels.

Can't get a straight answer out of Eastlink either as too when this crap is going to be fixed...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's definately something not right with that Jimbo42. When I called them back in Dec because we didn't even have Teletoon Retro or Playhouse Disney I was told they were upgrading the system to add them. I guess they did a full upgrade while they were at it.

Update on the unauthorized channels... they had the code programmed in wrong. All is well now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
new channels

"Thanks for the info. I'm in Halifax and just checked, we had History and AMC before, but still don't seem to have TCM, CNN, CBCW, GlobW, CTVW, etc. "

ref this quote;it must only be on certain parts of the peninsula of Halifax; I live in Halifax but off the peninsula and we have all the new channels mentioned above.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ummm, I wonder if just west of Joseph Howe Drive is considered to be on the peninsula, or just off of the peninsula? I guess there is no way to tell which parts of the "old city" are upgraded as of this time.

The decision to have all of the former city of Halifax upgraded to the "rest of Nova Scotia standards" will have a bearing on any decision of mine to return to Eastlink, when my satellite contract expires.

·
Registered
82 Posts
"Thanks for the info. I'm in Halifax and just checked, we had History and AMC before, but still don't seem to have TCM, CNN, CBCW, GlobW, CTVW, etc. "

ref this quote;it must only be on certain parts of the peninsula of Halifax; I live in Halifax but off the peninsula and we have all the new channels mentioned above.
What street in Halifax do you live on? Halifax itself is missing Hd channels, I'm guessing your in either Bedford, Sackville or Dartmouth and not within Halifax the main city itself because the main city is missing a lot of the HD channels that have been added the last 8 months

·
Registered
694 Posts
You know Eastlink is playing on them thinking that most of there subscribers in Halifax don't know about all the HD channels there missing that other areas have and that is one reason why they have done squat to fix this problem. If more people knew this then a lot more people would be calling them to complain then they would have to do something about it like what happened when they implemented that ludicrous bandwidth cap on there internet plan years back, people called , complained and they had to get rid of it it but because there playing on there subscribers being dumb so to speak they will continue to dodge this issue for as long as possible.

I cannot get a straight answer from anyone at Eastlink, either they dodge the question or they give me that generic " were working behind the scenes to improve services" crap. Meanwhile we get a nice $2.95 rate increase starting this month.

I suggest everyone from Halifax to contact this person either by email or phone and voice your displeasure and ask when is Halifax going to be fixed because I'm afraid until then Eastlink is just going to pussyfoot around with this issue:

Jill Laing, Public and Media Relations
EastLink
email: [email protected]
Also let all your friends and family that have HD from Eastlink know that live in Halifax of this so they can pass on word and so on.. This needs to get out so people can start emailing/calling in to complain.

Too many people just sit on there hands and do nothing and Eastlink is banking on this.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Eastlink is going to ditch the analog signals altogether to free up the bandwidth to provide all the missing HD. They did it in Sydney, and they did it here in Oxford. I would consider those dry run tests before they do it in Halifax. It's probably a lot cheaper to give everyone some $50-$80 STBs than to do all the infrastructure work needed to get some extra bandwidth.

Mark

·
Registered
580 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Eastlink is going to ditch the analog signals altogether to free up the bandwidth to provide all the missing HD. They did it in Sydney, and they did it here in Oxford. I would consider those dry run tests before they do it in Halifax. It's probably a lot cheaper to give everyone some $50-$80 STBs than to do all the infrastructure work needed to get some extra bandwidth.

Mark
That would be nice ditch the analog signals digital is better, I'm shocked analog is still around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts