Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think its just a re-brand of the former Discovery HD channel.

Old Discovery HD = Discovery WORLD HD
Discovery SD will become syndicated as Discovery HD

Since they have different programming schedules it did not make sense to have an HD feed different from its SD counter part, as everything is becoming HD-ized.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They keep flashing "Free preview" on DWHD even though I'm paying 10 bucks for the privilege (with the $10 HD bundle).

I recorded a documentary about Dubai on DWHD that was sadly outdated by the recession. I realise it is Summer, but are all these Discovery World shows from the last decade?

By the way, thanks to Rogers for finally letting us basic cable folks subscribe to the extended HD. (No CNN, Speed or TLC, but TSN, TSN2, Showcase, Pacific American Networks, HD Net, HDNAT and DWHD). AandE, RDS, Sportsnet, Newsworld, RDI and non-time shifted networks come without the $10 package, even with basic digital cable. (Tip: with the SD Amercian time shifting, $3/month, they throw in the SD western feeds of the speciality channels (such as the Comedy Network)).

Currently watching a "Search for the Hottest Girl in America by the Girls Gone Wild crew" on HDNet. But I subscribed because of Dan Rather, honest! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discovery world

I would pay to have all Discovery channels removed. Discovery sucks so hard it actually ruins shows on adjacent channels... I'm kidding but Discovery programming is just god-awful

But Hey NFL network in HD on channel 549 finally!

·
Registered
10 Posts
But does Fibe HDTV have RDS in HD? That would be a deal breaker as I'm not watching the Canadiens in SD. They aren't good enough for that.

No RDS HD according to the BellAliant web site. We have it free with Rogers here in Moncton (Ironic since BCE owns 15% of CTVGlobeMedia, owner of RDS).

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: FibreOp looking better..

Not unless the picture quality has improved markedly from the past 35 days..

Last time I stopped at a dealer to see the PQ -- it was VERY soft.. Like - "why bother with HD" -- that kinda soft.

Look closely before you jump. Believe me, I woulda dumped Rogers as soon as soon as FibreOp came online.. but the PQ ... sucks to my eyes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.