Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
WOW, colour screen, I want one. But the MSRP is $249 US dollars, whereas the 688 is $249 Canuk dollars. Still, that's only a 20% premium at current exchange rates, well worth it for the cool screen and the Li-Ion rechargable battery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,415 Posts
How am I ever going to justify NOT getting one of these to myself?! I just noticed that a distributor we're signed up with here at work sells the Harmony remotes, so I can buy at wholesale :) This new model isn't listed yet, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Don't Like this model

At first glance I don't like this model.
It looks like you need to park it in it's recharging station since the battery only lasts for one week.
Who has an AC outlet at their coffee table ??
The people who think up these things sometimes don't think !!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
56,505 Posts
Putting it in its cradle once a week overnight would not bother me too much, especially if I don't need to buy new batteries. Tradeoffs, tradeoffs. Oh the hardship... ;)

I remember when I used to have to get up to change channels. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
If you owned an original Harmony and delt with all the batteries they required then you'd love this model. I'm drooling already but just got the 688 last fall. I love it except for the clicking sound the buttons make which I find really annoying. Hope the new buttons are more of a soft touch.

Anybody want to by a very well cared for 688 so I can upgrade? :) OBM still with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
I think this remote looks awesome. I like the recharge cradle, great idea. I have a side table right next to my chair, perfect spot for the remote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
684 Posts
dc said:
WOW, colour screen, I want one. But the MSRP is $249 US dollars, whereas the 688 is $249 Canuk dollars. Still, that's only a 20% premium at current exchange rates, well worth it for the cool screen and the Li-Ion rechargable battery.
Oops...my bad. I thought the canadian site had it listed....but the price/comparison page does have usd/can for all of the other products the same so I'm thinking they'll do the same with this one. Why would they differ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
I just bought a 659 for $99 CAD and I love it. But I just might return it for this one if the canadian price is right. 8 customizable buttons without removing the title bar and a colour screen are nice touches. Customizable labels for the tasks is very good. And it looks to me like a better layout of all the buttons.

And personally, I think a rechargable battery lithium ion is a good idea. The base is just a handy spot to leave the remote on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Mike Flynn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was speaking to Harmony Tech Support today and I asked about the 880- I was told that this would be launched in North America in April. No word on Canadian pricing yet...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
mike infinity said:
I just bought a 659 for $99 CAD and I love it. But I just might return it for this one if the canadian price is right. 8 customizable buttons without removing the title bar and a colour screen are nice touches. Customizable labels for the tasks is very good. And it looks to me like a better layout of all the buttons.
Ya, that was a great deal FS had for boxing day.. but, and not sure if you got this deal, if you bought online at 12am ET (9pm PT for us westerners) you also were eligable for the existing $40 rebate (ended on midnight Dec 24th)..

Mine nets out to $60 for a 659 (very happy indeed :D)

Just means I can jump to the colour unit and not feel too bad about it ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,415 Posts
dc said:
Any word on when it'll hit the streets? Maybe we could get some kind of group buy.
If the 'wholesale' pricing I get turns out to be decent (and it should be on a brand new product), then I would be happy to act as the source.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
JohnnyG said:
If the 'wholesale' pricing I get turns out to be decent (and it should be on a brand new product), then I would be happy to act as the source.


Dirk is definitely interested!!!
 
1 - 20 of 424 Posts
Top