Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

161 - 180 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
That L bar looks a lot like what Sportsnet uses which is why I think TSN hasn't adopted it. Also, it works better when SC is live. With a loop, its a little more ridiculous.

·
Registered
387 Posts
the rundown graphic is really cool. The Thing that bothers me the most, is that TSNs bottom line ticker (the single line that is not that stupid double line) is very very VERY repetitive. I mean, at least ESPNs ticker updates us with Scores, breaking news, final scores, program alerts and basically anything you can think of.

TSN on the otherhand, likes to repeat the same 4 sports over and over again, NHL,NBA,MLB,CFL. while instead of taking the time to maybe insert a few other sports, they have time to tell them to listen to TSN radio 1050 for sportscoverage in the GTA... big whoop.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm not a fan of that... maybe it's the fact that it just looks too fake right now.. maybe when I see it in person I'll enjoy it.. but other than that... yuck.

BTW. if ESPN is going to update their look to the MNF Look, which does seem like the case being that I saw one NBA Final game use those graphics so far, that that Digital Center 2 look for SC... doesn't really match up does it? Strange.... will ESPN abandoned their "MNF" look for a new look...?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I like it! I wonder what SportsCenter is going to look like (the package) I mean, the package they have now is amazing still. I don't think you can top "Goliath"

·
Registered
387 Posts
This summer/fall TSN will hopefully have a nice new over-haul,That's Hockey should debut with a new graphics package (next season hopefully) SC will be getting a new graphics package and studio around September/October (not sure if the studio will debut on time.) And the graphics that NHL Playoffs have used as well as the NBA Pre-Game show will be used closer to August full time. CFL will also be using the new graphics... Finally we have something to look forward too!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Surprise surprise, CFL on TSN is now using the new look full-time.

Meanwhile, they just need a possession indicator on the scoreboard and we'll be set

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Sorry none from me anyways. Saw on SportsCentre last night they had a new segment called EXPRESS looked sharp, everything new except for what people call the L3 (name tags or whatever it is). Also notice the NHL FAF show had the NHL on TSN panel at the new desk and That's Hockey on what looks to be a make shift in the news room lol, however as for the others (experts if you will) they had a new backdrop and desk to boot. Looks like TSN prepping for a Fall refresh, I say about damn time. Excellent personnel but lacking in the technical department ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Also, just an oddity I noticed;

Last year, Montreal Impact games on RDS just used the NHL scorebar, but now they got a scorebox in the corner that actually goes along with the new TSN graphics (unlike TSN's MLS graphics, which are just ESPN's)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Oh its the first time I've seen it on TSN, other graphic with the description afterwards was new by the looks of it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've seen it a few times on SC, it looks cool, although the double line ticker covers up some of the pop-up L3's that Troika used.

I'm glad TSN is creating graphics that utilize the single line ticker. Everytime SC airs 3 Downs they have to remove their crappy double line ticker so the new stuff fits, which is cool. I can't wait till the Fall.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If I'm understanding your post correctly, you want a bottom ticker during a live CFL game? Why would you want that? You can get current scores and sports news on many other channels or even on your phone. Bottom tickers are ugly screen clutter to me, especially on a live broadcast.

·
Registered
387 Posts
No, you didn't understand my post correctly :p, I want the 16:9 ticker to show up DURING the pregrame coverage, but their stupid 4:3 safe one still is in use.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Unfortunate news, was talking to the Sr. Designer, said that 16:9 is still coming in September, but SC is getting pushed back to FEBRUARY for Sochi so that ESPN and TSN will launch new graphics at the same time....

161 - 180 of 320 Posts