Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
50 minutes for the download not counting receiver time (maybe 3 more minutes at the start and end) and reloading the program guide (maybe 15 minutes). So count 70+ minutes of lost recording time for the Australian Open Tennis with Milos Raonic!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Huge glitch!!

All of our previous recordings are 'broken' and we can't record anything new. Just shows 0.
On hold for a real person now...
I have a terrible feeling they are just going to tell us we need a new pvr, but that obviously isn't the issue. Anyone else having the same issue?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmmmmm....multi delete......that new option in the delete prompt scares me. What happens when the laggy remote over steps to it as you quickly click ok? I sure hope another prompt comes up. Until I know for sure I'm not going to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
555 Posts
End 1 minute Early

I hoped that recording for individual events could be set to END a little early in the case of THREE events overlapping by that last minute of one of the two shows. :crying

Usually the end of a show is just a teaser for the episode next week and some ads, the beginning of shows sometimes actually starts (no ads) right on time.

I know that I could use the manual timer for this, but a manual timer does not list the name of shows in the PVR list (recorded shows).

·
Registered
555 Posts
My 630 has the new software update, but my 605 has not be updated. I know that SD is rolling out updates over time. I guessed that both receivers on my account would be done at the same time.

How long should I wait before I call Shaw to ask about it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I find that this update made the recceiver feel more responsive. The remote keys finally work the first time. Back and forward work on queue...
I wish deleting shows was faster.

Where can I find the PPV now?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Missed recordings with new firmware???

We've lost two recordings since the firmware update: X-Files and a Coronation Street. We can't figure out why they didn't record - at least Corrie is a regular program that's been set up for ages. X-Files recorded the first two episodes correctly - not the 3rd.

What's up?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I was talking to tech about another issue yesterday and asked a second level guy about multi-delete. It took him about 10 minutes to investigate, but it seems that choosing multi then brings up a screen to check each event you want to delete, then deleting the bundle chosen. While I applaud the functionality, roll-out is terrible if we were all afraid to try it and the upper level tech had no idea how it worked.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Shaw needs to offer a solution to shows that end a minute over the hour which might prevent taping of other shows.
That could explain why Xfiles didnt tape for Jasper. Theres no option to end recording sooner or on the hour.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The X-Files that was supposed to record on Fox on Monday is set to record on Space this Friday. But there was no conflict - why would it shift the recording to Friday?

It appears that Corrie was shifted to record on a CBC we don't receive. Why? Dunno.

We're checking each upcoming recording individually - we have no faith in the automatic recording since the firmware update.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Now the status says:

b: Auth status (Tuner 1) REFRESH REQUIRED (MP)

I went to the website and did a refresh and no effect.

My 605 is working (so far).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Many refreshes and hard reboots - no difference. Then I changed user profiles and immediately it's working again. Can't figure that out.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts