Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called in to ixnay RHP, since I've had a parallel VoIP.ms number working well for 6 months now.

I guess the agent really wanted to keep this RHP account, so they offered this: keep the RHP and the cost will go down to be $16 (no features). Then they knocked $10 off of the internet price, which is now cheaper than TekSavvy's price. They also knocked off $14 from the TV price. So now the bill is $40 per month cheaper! That's 500 bones per year!

I know what you're thinking..... what about a contract. Well, the existing contract was set to expire May 2012. The new contract is a 1-year contract, which ends at the end of April of next year, or April 2012. LMAO

I called 2 months ago because a family member received a good deal, but I was told what I wasn't eligible for a discount. I didn't mind waiting 2 months to have my annual costs lowered by $540!

Also interesting to note: the agent said that Rogers has 9.5 million customers. They don't have the time to "go through" people's account to see who deserves a discount, so a customer will only get a discount if they call in. Customers that don't call in will always pay full price.

Edited to add: also included is free use of a PVR for the year. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
The 16 dollars sounds like RHP Lite which is available to anyone. Although it is not listed on their website it is offered if you ask for it. It has no features and does not include Rogers to Rogers LD calling either but if you just need a basic phone service it is available for around 16 or 17 dollars. I don't think it is considered a bundled service either so you can't use it to increase your bundle discount another 5 percent. It's 3:30 AM now so I can't access my account to confirm exactly what I am paying.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts