Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
711 Posts
Once you purchase the iPhone 4 (discounted through the carrier with a 3 year contract), the phone is yours and you can do what you like with it, including selling it when the next iPhone comes out.

I would think that an iPhone 4 32GB would have a closer resale value this spring/summer to $500. As an example, last summer when the iPhone 4 was close to being released an iPhone 3GS 32GB could be sold for $500ish if it was in very good condition.

· Registered
711 Posts
Interesting about Wind...that may be the way to go. That being said, since Wind would support the Nexus S.

What is your opinion about picking up the Nexus S (full price) from a store in the US and getting it onto the Wind network? Any caveats with that?
The Nexus S would work fine. I have a few of them right now, and it's an amazing phone. It's already unlocked, you would just need to place your wind sim card and configure a few settings.

· Registered
711 Posts
Getting a phone now or waiting for something newer is totally up to you.. There will always be something newer coming.

You can go to Bestbuy in the US and purchase a Nexus S - thats the only way to do it through retail. You could also look online on kijiji or similar sites, you may find some, but probably not as cheap as buying it at the store yourself.

At one point they will sell it in Canada as well, but I don't think there's a date set.

Another option if you want to save some $$ is looking for a used Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant which is the tmobile usa version of the galaxy S (and will work on wind if unlocked). Its quite similar to the Nexus S in terms of hardware specs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.