Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering once you sign up, how long do I have to cancell 7 or 10 days. What happens if eqpt. purchased? any defferance?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
10 days in Ontario. No difference.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I think the policy is that you have 10 days to cancel a contract without penalty (assuming you entered into contract). I'm not sure that affects Bell's annoying 30 day cancellation policy. You may still have to pay out the first month.

-Mike

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Obviously you did not believe me.

In Ontario there is a 10 cooling off period, the Tech should have left a document with you that states this but 99.9% do not either because they are not aware of the paperwork or just do not care.

I have somewhere a copy which I will gladly e-mail out to believers and non-believers if they provide e-mail address's.

After 10 days, you have to pay an Early Termination Fee, which will vary depending on the Contract you have signed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not that I dint believe you, I was on the phone with a tech. That was telling me that you can cancell in 10 day, but eqpt. is yours, you can't return it. So I ask for a supervisor and was on hold when I asked, he went on to explain that service/ contract is 10 days, eqpt. is 30 days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts