Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey... I noticed a comment by someone else under the launch topic, but thought I would start a unique thread. I have a bunch.

New HD Channels going from about 1205 up...

Time Shift Channels - Halifax, Vancouver for CBC, CTV, Global, plus
US West - ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, PBS
Super Channels (WGN, WSBK CW11, KTLA)
TMN - TMN Xcess, TMN Fun, HBO2
TSN2
Sportsnet East, Central, Pacific
CBS College
Golf
Nascar and MLB Channel Suite
MSNBC

For our French brethren, there are about 25 HD channels in the 1100s.

Says I am not subscribed to some (e.g. TSN2) though I get the SD channel. Will call customer service for an update.

Cheers,
Edit: Added the US West Channels. Added the count of French HD channels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bell FibeTV is Launched

So, just off the phone with Customer Service.

Bell FibeTV launched today.

All the packages, pricing, channels are there. It can now be sold as an add on to existing fibre services, as well as a bundle of internet and TV.

For those of us on the current discount plans, it until Dec. 31, 2010 (I should probably more accurately state, mine runs until Dec. 31. Please check your own but I thought it was the same). I will not get the new channels unless I switch to one of the new FibeTV plans. (though I do get some of the CBC, CTV channels).

So, time to start doing the math to figure the best internet/ TV plan...

And yes, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and PBS West are all there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got the same thing!!

I just noticed CBC Montreal HD, and a slew of other HD programming. Much of it says I'm not subscribed, so I'm hoping they're just getting ready to flip the switch on the channels, and definitly hope I don't need to subscribe to another package.

My guess is they are getting ready to launch this service finally. Don't know why else they'd pop up new HD channels onto the guide.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I called them up today to ask about not having the hd channels available when I had the sd version already and they told me that I could only get the hd version if I subscribe to a fibe tv package. This is disappointing since I was under the impression that hd versions of the channels would always be free even if they were added later on. Almost feels like they are progressing the service and just leaving behind everyone who beta tested for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.