Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
You might want to reread the posts as there is nothing positive to say about Bell in this thread. Sure, there is no Death to Bell and stuff like that.

hugh said it best.

Well, its easy. If you think its a rip-off then don't subscribe.
If you think 10 bucks a month to watch to watch 10 or so games is too much, then don't subscribe but remember, 2 seasons ago, Flames, Oilers and Canucks did not have their own special channel and they charged if I remember correctly 10 bucks a game for their PPV games.

·
Registered
261 Posts
We're starving, they threw us a fricking bone, they only want some pieces of paper with numbers on them. We get the coloured paper from federal transfer payments. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Talking of which, it would be nice if they would do a proper 30 minute pre/post game. Maybe they aren't during the pre-season...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Talking of which, it would be nice if they would do a proper 30 minute pre/post game. Maybe they aren't during the pre-season...
They will during the regular season, I would assume. TSN will have a full studio in Winnipeg starting in October.

·
Registered
103 Posts
so are you guys saying there are no free options for the jets fans living in their teams regional footprint to watch games for free ?

usually an RSN would carry the bulk of the non nationally televised games for free while X amount could be alocated for some pay per view rip off .

obviously nationally televised games would be free.

I'm in ontario and while the jets channel shows up on my grid it didnt allow me to watch the jets/jackets game last week .I had to watch it on my center ice channel(s).

I get annoyed when paying over 200 for center ice I'm blacked out of a leaf game thats on leaf t.v (refuse to sign up for it)

·
Registered
103 Posts
ahh , ok .
so if you live in the jets rsn footprint and have Bell you'd get the channel and the games for free.

and yes , I realize I'd have to subscribe to leaf t.v in order to watch the odd leaf game they televise .I'm not a leaf fan , I'm a new york isles fan who subs to center ice to catch isles games.

when leaf t.v airs a leafs/islanders game I get blacked out because I dont feel like subbing to leaf t.v just for the odd time the isles play.

a small annoyance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
if all you have is an ota antenna, then you're outta luck. You might get the odd Jets game on Hockey Night in Canada, but that's about all. A rip-off, I say.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It's only a matter of time before TSN gets the rights to Hockey Night In Canada. Then there will be no such thing as free NHL hockey.

Where I live you can't get CTV ota we only get CBC and Global so we don't even get NFL Football.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
They bought the theme - so why not the history with it?

It will be a sad day when TSN owns all of NHL hockey coverage...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Bell might not necessarily put HNIC on CTV. They have had the rights to French Saturday games for a while now and they are on RDS and not TVA. They also don't have any CFL games on CTV not even the Grey Cup. Just think HNIC on TSN no Don Cherry no Ron McLean.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm still waiting for the CBC OTA feed in Winnipeg. I watch the NFL on CTV and A Channel and CFL on TSNdotca. There are 16 Jets games on CBC this year which is enough for me. Otherwise it will cost 70 dollars a month for 8 months of hockey.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I ordered NHL Centre Ice and tried to order TSN Jets today from Shaw via online chat. CI went through but I was told that TSN-Jets is not available in my area (Thunder Bay) when the CSR tried to add it to my account even though I was able to see preseason games on it already. I am contacting Shaw Champ to see if Shaw Champ can look into it.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts