Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is to discuss the features and/or bugs in the new guide.

According to Shaw Guru, Shaw will be implementing the guide on the DCX3400 followed by the other boxes in the next few weeks. The DCT2000 models will not get the new guide.

Some of the new features include include combining recordings by title into folders and deleting multiple recordings at once.

Here are some links that you may wish to look at that describe the new features. (Some of the features may not apply to Shaw.)

Comcast New Guide Description
Wikibooks - Motorola DVR/Firmware and Software

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I don't like some of the bugs listed in the r4 release on that Wiki article. "Intermittent blank-screen dropouts when using HDMI" certainly doesn't sound too good (for example).

Hopefully the Shaw version doesn't have these issues.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Is the Guide update being rolled out at different times in different places? It happened in Winnipeg this morning. I seem to recall reading that it may have happened earlier somewhere else. Is it possible that it may not yet have happened in Chilliwack?

·
Registered
150 Posts
It did happen in Chilliwack at around 2:00AM based on the uptime statistics. I'll play with it a bit more this evening

·
Registered
507 Posts
I was really hoping for the myDVR functionality in this update. Maybe that'll be flipped on later when the DCTs get the update and Shaw can advertise the feature for all users.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the new Guide Software fixes the % full issue when using expanders?

I know it was suggested in an earlier thread that the problem was with the Guide Software and not the box's firmware...

I did notice that my box was showing 6% full last night...it had been at 0% since my last power cycle about a month ago.

·
Registered
250 Posts
On my PVR, when perusing favourites, when I find something interesting I hit INFO. Either using the goback or INFO again puts the guide to channel 2 (lowest channel). What a PAIN!! You have to scroll all the way back to the channel where you left off.

I wrote Shaw, their response was less than enthusiastic.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Others have said that the guide should be 16:9 on the DCX3400 now, but for me it still is at 4:3. HD content plays like it should and I check the settings on the box to make sure its set for 16:9 and it was.
The version on my box is 78.44-A28p0-2.0908.r-4, firmware 22.91.
I did have and issue where the sound would not always work when turning the box on (handshake issue I believe), so I just set the sound to pass-through and that fixed that issue.
Also just like Berty, I am having the same issue with the favorites info issue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also have the update but my HD guide screen is still not full screen. So how do these folders work? Does the PVR create them itself and put similar recordings into them?

1 - 20 of 336 Posts