Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a new 6131,

I had one of the older "silver" coloured HD recievers in the past, worked great, now I just upgaded from an 4100 to the 6131 to once again get some HD

Upon doing a switch test I'm only get 91 threw, If I take an 82 cable plug it into that good port of the sw21 and change the reciever to check sig strength of 82, it sees it and has great strength. (same as if i plug the 82 dirct into the reciever)

pluged the 91 into the other port of the sw21 switch, do anothe chech switch and same thing, port 2 in the chech switch screen sees the 91 now but still no 82.

I bought a new sw21 switch and am having the same b.s. results. I figure my 91+82 heads should be good since I can see a good 82 signal

any help will be greatly appriciated

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Try removing the cable from the rear of the 6131 running a Check Switch, which will fail, then connect it back and run again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pinza... you were right-on thanks alot, I did what you posted, then it still didn't work... swopped the cables into different ports on the sw21 did another check sw and I'm good to go!!!...I hope LOL

thanks hillzy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I jumped the gun a little there...

I can see that i have signals on both 91+82 (on the signal strenght menu) but on the check switch screen shows (port 2 sat 91 with a signal),( port 1 x with a signal of x).

sadly... not the desired result

1 - 5 of 5 Posts