Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this morning that the firmware has changed to FE overnight.
Can't see any obvious difference. Anybody know what's going on?

·
Registered
251 Posts
My current version says 00.F8, and that the target version is 00.00.....Wouldnt that indicate that there is no version 'newer' than F8?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The receiver needs to be targeted before that will work though. This will only allow you do do the update in the daytime, rather than waiting for it to happen at ~2 am.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Checked my 530 last night and it was at 00.F8 with a target of 00.00.

I guess no FE for me?
Everyone with receiver models DSR 530, 505, 319, 317, 209, and 207 will receive the update. The update was not sent to all receivers at the same time. Wait a couple of days and it should update on it's own.

Jessica - Shaw Direct Employee

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'd rather have it make the guide go out 14 days and be searchable as well as make the 530 dual record as well.

What ever happened to the 530's that had firmware 01.28 (I think) that the Shaw D employees were doing the field trial with? How did they get them back to F8 or did they?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Updated my 505 last night, all I can see is the channel logos are gone, which kind of sucks. Now the menu and channel info look empty.

Who was the ad wizard who came up with that campaign?

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Ptrobably software engineers. With the iminent dropping of software support, they thought it better to drop logos now, rather than have to create, test, and push and new update for each bunch of Logo updates, as channels change names and formats, as they have been lately.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts