Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I just checked mine and it definitely doesn't have a fan. All I can hear is a very low 'crunching' sound, presumably the hard drive doing it's thing.

If there is another room you could put the Gateway in, there is really no reason you need to put it in the bedroom as the entire system runs on just a single coax line. The MoCA filter goes between the cable line in and a splitter then everything else just connects on the splitter side. That way you only need a Portal in the bedroom and they are definitely silent.

On a side note, I am starting to experience problems with my system. The video and audio stop and skip around. It's rather annoying as this box isn't even 2 years old yet. Something else that is weird is if I press record during the middle of a 'live' program, it sometimes freezes the video and will even break up the recording into 2 segments. Very odd. I checked the software status the other day and it seems Shaw has given up on this system as it hasn't been updated in well over a year.

·
Registered
842 Posts
can i use either of the portal models with the xg1v3 or is the newer model preferred for some reason?
According to a shaw community thread you can so thanks sherds!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thought about setting up two XG1 v3s standalone instead of one and a portal but according to Shaw that is not allowed.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts