Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

neub question 9241 Stretch modes

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  57 
#1 · (Edited)
I previously had a Bell 9242 pvr hooked via hdmi to my toshiba 42" LCD. I was able to use the full screen size (16:9), on Standard Definition programs.

I now have a Telus 9241 and for some reason cannot figure out how to get this same set up (full screen on SD programs), using the same tv in my new home.??

I went to the HDTV (9241), set up screen but that was no help. I have a choice of 480p, 780p and 1080i and only 3 aspect ratio's: 16:9 & 4:3 # 1 / 4:3 #2 HD channels come in full screen..SD do not.??

...what AM I missing here...besides a few neurons.? :D

theo

#2 ·
Press the * button on the 9241 remote to invoke the stretch mode you want for SD channels. Same for HD channels. The PVR remembers the modes for each. In the setup you should use 720P and 16:9.

Useful post: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

Moved to Telus Sat.

I suggest though that you watch 4:3 programming as 4:3 since you'll then have no distortion and better picture quality.

#3 ·
Thanx for that.. (-: I just just figured it out and then saw your reply. I would normally have remembered something like that, but have been using a Harmony 880 for over 4 years..just trying to set it up with my Telus PVR. so once done, we never use the Telus (Bell), remotes..and lkow and behold after changing the telus remote from 6.4 UHF to IR, running the logitech software, using the * button for aspect ratio ... we are good to go.!

thank you.!

Guess I now go to kijiji and sell myu 9242.

Theo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.