Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am living in Resolute Bay Nunavut, it is the second most northern community in North America. I work for the RCMP up here, didn't come for the heck of it if you know what I mean :).... We have 2 internet options, 1 Called Qiniq which is Wireless, and Terrible, and 2 is Netkaster. The problem with NetKaster is that the installer will only come if you pay their flight form Iqaluit to Resolute which is about 4 grand return, and the hotel which is 300/night. I know it's insane. Right now, the house I live in luckily has a netkaster system installed. It works great. Did a test with 12280 and am at 39kbps. Next September, I will be moving to another house owned by the RCMP, and am trying to purchase or take over the contract on the house I am in now, so that I can take the equipment over to the new house. Now Netkaster has told me that I need a "spectrum analyzer" to install it correctly. Does anyone have any experience doing their own installation that can shed any light on this. Has anyone heard of a spectrum analyzer and can you tell me where to buy one and how much they cost. I did a search online and there are a ton of different kinds.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts