Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help deciding what type of surround sound to get for some friends. :confused:
They have a 52" Vizio LCD Flat Panel tv, they play dvds and Sony playstation 2s (I think they are the 2s), they have wireless internet, and want to have internet capability if possible. Budget is somewhere around 500.00 but could be flexible on that for the right system. Especially because I want them to have a quality system, but anything much over the 500-700 mark is outside our price range this year. They don't like the Orb-style speakers, but are open to other types. I don't know much about all the connections that are needeed on both the Home Theater system or the TV, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I do think we want a 5.1 at least. I would hate for them to have to return it :(

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Vicki

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
$500 mark won't even buy a decent speaker system, though.

I personally think an acceptable quality system will run you about $1,200 including proper 5.1 speakers.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
There are two Onkyo HTiB at Best Buy right now that fit your budget and hopefully your needs (minus the internet capability)

HT-S3300
HT-S5300

If you want cheap & simple but sounds good for movies for the least amount of $$$, check out the Sony HTS-S370.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts