Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently have 2 phones (under a corporate plan) that give us 200 minutes on each phone (so total of 400 minutes) but no messaging. We are looking at converting these 2 plans to a shared family plan with 200 shared minutes but unlimited text messaging. We think that this will be a better plan for us since we never use up our monthly minutes and could use messaging.

Are there others who are/were in a similar position? I'd appreciate your comments/opinions in order to determine if the switch is good for us.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
If you can live with 200 shared minutes it's a pretty good plan, particularly if you spend most of your time talking to each other, in which case I believe your calls are free.

However keep in mind that Rogers will make you sign a three year contract, whether you take one of their subsidized phones or not. While this may seem perfect now, are you absolutely certain that you won't want any mobile data or more minutes for the next three years? While you can make changes to your plan, I would imagine the family plan will complicate the situation.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
they dont like to use the word "free" between callers, they prefer "unlimited" because lets say you are roaming on another carrier, well now guess what, you owe some money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts