Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is wiggle room there, but that's my ideal price. I need it to be full HD, good audio filtering (I don't wanna hear the air or wind in the background). You know, the stuff the average film maker would want. I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff, so I need some help. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Did you by chance forget a 0 in the price? For $150, you'd be lucky to find a basic pocket camcorder, let alone a full HD unit.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
A Flip HD is a pocket camcorder that shoots 720p video and sells for $200. For a robust camcorder with lots of bells & whistles, expect to pay much more.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
http://reviews.cnet.com/pocket-hd-camcorders/?tag=centerColumnArea1.1

These are pretty much your options. There will be some older/discontinued models not listed.

A nice feature on the Kodak Zi8 is the microphone input. Get a mic with a wind filter on it, and that solves your problem.

You might need to clarify what you mean by "average filmmaker." That could mean anything from short YouTube clips to film festivals.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I doubt their still selling them. I think Cooper83 has given you what's available at the low end. Personally, I'd go with the Flip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can easily get one off ebay. However, that kodak one looks nice as well. Is there a tri pod for it and how does it compare to the one I asked about?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My guess is the answer is on those pages linked above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, those were quite insightful. Although the camera was pretty good, apperently it shuts off after 25minutes of consistant recording time. I wanna get either the Kodak Playsport or Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera. Which of these do you recommend? Also, do you know if there's a tri-pod available for them?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I think we've been more than helpful with suggestions & links. This will require some work on your part too.

From the manufacturers website - Kodak.com - which is the first place to check for these sorts of things:

Tripod mount - 1/4 in. standard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya, I just checked on Ebay and I found some. Now I just need to know which one of the kodak camera's you think is better. I prefer the Kodak Playsport over the Kodak Zi8, but I wanna know what you guys think.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I suggest investigating the links given.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.