Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are recent owners of a Bell TV PVR 9242 system and are having major problems getting it set up. We live in the North - far north and have received all of the codes, angels, etc needed. We have the dish up and the one cable from the eye into the house and connected to the receiver and that is where we end. We can get the menu screen up and no matter what it is set on (91 or 81) we get a message saying one part is not located. There is absolutely no signal noted - in any positions. What are we missing? I never imagined this would cause this much frustration.

I would appreciate any help. The customer service was not able to do much for us and in our neck of the woods we do not have a tech to call on.

Thanks.

NOrthpole

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Well if you are only using 1 LNBF (Eye) you are ok so far, next thing is to ensure it is in the 91 slot on the "Y" yolk, make sure that at the rear of the receiver you are connected to Tuner #1 Input.

Then on the receiver go to the "Point Dish" screen, MENU 6, 1, 1. Ensure that you are looking at "Tuner #1" and 91 degrees.

Then you 'just' need to keep moving the Dish until you find the signal.

After that, you will need to add the 2nd LNBF and a pair of SW21's and run another line to the receiver, but we will cross that bridge later I guess.....lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need Help

Thanks for the info. As you can tell we are not technology wizards, however I am now wondering if we are misisng a piece. What is the Y yolk? We have a Dual LNBF and it mounts on a single stick jutting out from our dish, however the dual LNBF has to connections for Coax cable.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need Help

We have looked through all the boxes that arrived from Bell and have the eye, two dishes (two eyes, both noted as Dual LNBFs), however we decided we would get one up and working then reconsider HD and the second dish, plus we have a multi switch and an SW21 switch plus a VideoPath Power Inserter and the receiver.

We originally thought that Bell was sending up a different dish - only one - that would have two eyes and allow us to set up for HD, but that is not what arrived. We phoned and they reshipped, but we ended up with the second kit and it was exactly the same parts as the first shipment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
how far north are you? what size of dishes did bell provide, the usual 20 inch skewable ones? have you tried to use dishpointer dot com to aid you?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No problem. It sounds like you are using 60cm Dish's, which is 1 size larger than the model that holds 2 x LNBF's (Eyes).

Just mount the LNBF on the Dish, run a solid line all the way back to Tuner 1 as I said above. You need to hit 91 degrees with this first Dish.

After you get that running you will need to aim the other at 82.

If you are only using the 9242, I would NOT use the SW44 (Big silver multiswitch), you will therefore not need the Power Supply or the Power Inserter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need Help

Yes we do have the 60cm dishes and will look at our connections and dish angel, etc. again in the daylight tomorrow. We are in the NWT and know that it is possible, as many others have signals....we will keep trying.

Thanks you everyone for your assistance.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Good Luck. Just keep it simple for now, no switch's, no splices, no splitters, between the LNBF and the Receiver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Need Help

Thanks very much. You have been more helpful to us than anyone else we have talked to today from Bell. We will keep you posted on our success.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts