Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
... or you could just subscribe to another Canadian provider who doesn't overlay CBS with TSN. Isn't Bell the only one that does it?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Bell is the most liberal with it, perhaps because Bell and CTV have had a long history of being together and will be back together again in the summer.

·
Registered
142 Posts
... or you could just subscribe to another Canadian provider who doesn't overlay CBS with TSN. Isn't Bell the only one that does it?
Easy to say, harder to do.

Some people, ie: myself, are way too invested in Bell to switch. If someone else sold a 9242 style receiver with dual outputs over coax (or anything other standard) then I'd look at switching.

Simsubbing just shouldn't be allowed, period. I understand it well it enough to argue both sides of it. But, when it comes down to it I'm paying X amount for Channels A and B, I want those channels, I want what I'm paying for.

It's bait and switch. "hey, you've got CBS.... except for when they show original new content, in which case CBS becomes CTV for the next hour and a bit. We say 'bit', because Bell will screw up and leave CTV subbing CBS for 10 minutes into the next programme.. YAY!"

It's the VERY definition of bait and switch. Paying for one thing, then receiving another.

http://www.bbb.org/canada/SitePage.aspx?id=7de726b1-bd23-4368-ba94-f84702b0fae9

81 - 83 of 83 Posts