Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
The NBC Ku Muxes 11760, 11880 H were consolidated in to a single 12120 H 30000 mux.
NBC is encrypted on that mux, while Cozi is still unencrypted.
11760 and 11880 were shut down in September I believe.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only know a few Ku band sat. I don't spend a lot of time watching anything else than a couple of news channels like DW on 103W, BBC on PBS (87W) and some content on PBS (87W or 125W) in general. In my opinion there's nothing worth the trouble unless like me you can't get PBS by OTA (and you care for PBS).

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
11910 H 4600 is a 4 channel SD NBC mux, generally MSNBC can be found there in SD most of the time, but not always.
Sometimes some special events that NBC is broadcasting will also be on one of the 4 channels in the mux.
NHK World is cool too on the vertical side I guess.

I still keep the Primestar 84e parked there. Mainly for the music programs on 12145 V 20000.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Your best bet is to go to C-Band if you can. There is much more available. The KU band is Ok but you need a motor to visit multiple sats for a decent selection of viewing. KU is not an alternative for cable or OTA. Thats my experience.

·
Registered
243 Posts
11910 H 4600 is a 4 channel SD NBC mux, generally MSNBC can be found there in SD most of the time, but not always.
I haven't seen the NBC mux with CNBC + MSNBC since last spring (IIRC), before the regional NBC feeds disappeared themselves around august-sept. God knows how many times I've scanned & rescanned 103W to try to find them again. Were you able to watch it recently? I still check them from time to time and I always get a "no signal" message.

At least 103W still has NHK, DW & Cozi, on top of the "loop.tv" & "reach.net" (?) channels (let's not forget the film preview channel... ok, and CGTN & NTA too).

I wish I could find a way to configure my TVHeadEnd box to be able to access the Muzak audio channels on 103W, but haven't found a way yet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I haven't seen the NBC mux with CNBC + MSNBC since last spring (IIRC), before the regional NBC feeds disappeared themselves around august-sept. God knows how many times I've scanned & rescanned 103W to try to find them again. Were you able to watch it recently? I still check them from time to time and I always get a "no signal" message.
It comes and goes for me. It was there late last night, and this morning, but I just checked and I am not getting it now. Actually, I have noticed in the last week or so that I seem to be getting it more often that in previous weeks (colder weather, better reception). Along with NBC East, the mux now seems to have MSNBC and NBC News Now, don't recall seeing CNBC in a while.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Yes it's still there, below is from the Primestar 84e antenna.
On Ku band is a good idea to try +/- 1 or 2 MHz of the reported frequency

·
Registered
423 Posts
Lots on C-band; CBS and ABC on 97w, fox Caribbean on 99, several like meTV, H&I on 101, Bounce, Newsy, Grit on 103.

103 Ku 11910H4600 is 8psk so requires a good S/N to receive, need a 1.2m dish here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts