Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why up to this point there have been ZERO games shown on the NBA channels on Shaw Direct? HD Channels 492-497 are showing NBA LEAGUE PASS but have had no games?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well not sure about this but NHL Center Ice doesn't show games until the regular season starts There have been live games on NBA TV so I think (just a guess) that when there is a full schedule of games ones that aren't on network TV some will be on there.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well not sure about this but NHL Center Ice doesn't show games until the regular season starts There have been live games on NBA TV so I think (just a guess) that when there is a full schedule of games ones that aren't on network TV some will be on there.
This year on SD some preseason games were broadcast in centre ice, I watched them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The NBA season is in full swing, again last night there was a full slate of games and NOTHING showing on the NBA Channels on Shaw Direct.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Try asking on facebook or on their websites live chat, what about the ask Jim is that around?

Maybe their fighting with the league over price or there a tech issue.

They are pretty good at answering any question at least thats been my experience.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I sent an e-mail and got back the answer there will be games on when they are available and other then that it will say unsubscribed...... Your guess is as good as mine as to when/if that will ever take place because that vague response doesn't really answer the question.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to my Brother who is a Bell Subscriber and they are showing games on Bell, unreal, what the frig is going on? Isn't there or wasn't there a guy on here who works for Shaw that could possibly shed some light on this? I have called them twice and both times the person on the other end had no clue the channels I was talking about, even though I was telling them I was looking t the guide as we were talking. SMH

·
Registered
98 Posts
Shaw Direct is getting bad... let's review:

In 2013, you could get NHL Centre Ice & NFL Sunday Ticket w/ RedZone channel for $229 + tax for both and the NBA channels actually showed games.

In 2014, NHL Centre Ice is $209 + tax and Sunday Ticket is $239 + tax and NBA channels show no games. A 95.6% price increase from last year and there's no added value for NFL, you get less games on CI this year, and the NBA channels seem to have just stopped operating. I passed on CI and ST and went with NFL GamePass for football on a great promo code. Instead of spending over $500 after tax, I spent $123 and I don't miss the hockey -- I'd rather have it but I refuse to pay a 96% price increase to get less than what I had last year. The HD streams from NFL GamePass are actually better quality than the overly compressed pictures from Shaw Direct. Don't regret it for a second.

Between the Super Sports Pack and their just deployed full home TiVO service, I'm on the verge of switching to Cogeco. Just waiting for some feedback on the TiVO deployment in the Cogeco thread before making the phone call.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I noticed that SN360 had an NBA game on last night that wasn't in their listings. It was a Pacific time-zone game from Portland so folks in Ontario would more then likely not have seen it. An on-screen message came up during the Canuck/Colorado hockey game.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Message today read that they would be getting their schedule of games this week and the package would be up soon.

The nhl blackout thing is weird only the leafs games and Jets replay are blacked out with the Jets game being seen live on the TSN channel.

Last week I got snet Oiler games on a channel listed as Leafs tv now that channels been removed.

Sunday Ticket and Centre Ice seem to be working fine.

I feel for NBA fans I'd be climbing the wall if the did this to the nhl and nfl packages.

·
Registered
560 Posts
It'd be better to get NBA International Game Pass... cheaper, and available across multiple platforms in PC, phone, tablet.

And using a VPN, signing up to pretending you're in Algeria, the entire season will only cost $108!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Not really into basketball much but I see there's usually 1 or 2 games on every night on the sports channels I have (TSNs, Sportsnets, SN360 or NBA tv) it is enough coverage for me but I find it kind of stupid to keep those channels listed and not use them. I'm sure some of their fee goes to pay for having it in the sports pkg.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts