Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I have a Nvidia shield and using a logitech harmony hub remote (https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/harmony-companion). The Bell FibeTV app works great, but navigation is a pain as it seems I need to channel up/down in the guide one channel at a time. I can't seem to find any way to either use the numpad of the remote, or page up/down with the remote. Happy to change remotes if that would make it work. Anyone have any good tips on how to better navigate the app?

·
Registered
129 Posts
It really is set up to intice you to purchase Bell Fibe. Have the same problem using Fire Stick. I will eventually replace our sat feed when the system is turned off....but not betting who will last longer me or sat|

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
You could create a macro that sends several ChannelUp or ChannelDown commands and map them to a couple of seldom used keys. Note that, in some contexts, the Up and Down keys do the same thing as ChannelUp and ChannelDown. They usually repeat on a long press.

The Harmony Hub remote has fewer keys than most other remotes. It overcomes this by mapping some keys to long presses. This causes problems because key repeat is lost and some keys under a long press take too long. (Who'd have guessed that? Not Logitech apparently. :S) Key repeat can sometimes be restored by mapping both the short and long press to the same key.

I had an issue with the PageUp and PageDown keys being mapped under the ChannelUp and ChannelDown keys. I solved it by reversing the mapping so that PageUp and PageDown were on the short press with the seldom used ChannelUp and ChannelDown keys on the long press.

Note that reprogramming the Harmony Hub is a lot easier and faster to program by using the Windows app and connecting the remote to the PC with a USB cable. Have yet to figure out, if all the programming is in the hub, why do I have to connect the remote. I guess that's another question for the brilliant designers at Logitech. :S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts