Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

241 - 260 of 277 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Confirmed on Rogers and Bell:

AZ Mundo - December 1 – December 31, 2019 on Bell, December 9 – January 5, 2020 on Rogers
ATN channnels - December 16 – January 15, 2020
Tamil Entertainment Television - December 19 – January 30, 2020

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
CTV Sci-Fi Channel Unwraps the Much-Anticipated Premieres of STAR TREK: PICARD and DOCTOR WHO During Nationwide Freeview, Dec.19 – Jan. 30

CTV Sci-Fi’s freeview is available through participating television service providers across the country, including but not limited to Bell, Bell Aliant, BellMTS, Telus, Cogeco, Eastlink, Rogers, SaskTel, and participating members of the CCSA. Subscribers and non-subscribers alike can sample select CTV Sci-Fi Channel programming during the freeview at ctvscifi.ca and on demand via set-top box with participating TV providers.

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
NHL Centre Ice January 2 to January 8, confirmed on Bell MTS and Sasktel.

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
January 6 – February 2, 2020 confirmed on at least Bell and Cogeco
Elle Fictions
Max

Confirmed on Bell and Shaw
LS Times (Cantonese) January 6, 2020 - February 29, 2020
Fairchild Television - January 20, 2020 - February 20, 2020

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Makeful eight-week free preview event running from Feb. 3 to April 5 across Canada. (Press Release)

In addition to the previously announced free preview of BBC Earth, Rogers has Smithsonian Channel on preview for the same dates, but I haven't found a second source yet.

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #246 (Edited)
Confirmed on Sasktel and Rogers:

Smithsonian Channel February 3 to April 5
Silver Screen Classics February 1-29 (Rogers also has Rewind for same dates)

EDIT: Confirmed on Shaw Cable that Rewind is on preview.

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
The following were confirmed on Shaw Direct and Bell MTS:

Crave1, HBO1 and HBO2: February 14 – February 17, 2020
Salt + Light Television: February 24 – April 13, 2020

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #248 (Edited)
February 28 - March 31, 2020
Family, Family Junior, CHRGD and Télémagino confirmed on Shaw and Cogeco

February 16 – March 15, 2020
Several more ATN channels confirmed on Bell and Rogers

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #249 (Edited)
From Friday, Feb. 14 to Sunday, Feb. 16, three of Crave’s premium linear channels – Crave 1, HBO 1, HBO 2 – will be available free of charge.

Some titles are available for free preview on-demand through set-top-box, from Friday, Feb. 14 to Saturday, March 14, including: the first seasons of the HBO classic THE SOPRANOS and the critically acclaimed sci-fi series WESTWORLD; the first seasons of SHOWTIME's PENNY DREADFUL and RAY DONOVAN; and the first season of Crave's LETTERKENNY.

Crave’s free preview is available via participating television providers across Canada, including Bell, Bell Aliant, BellMTS, Cogeco, Eastlink, Rogers, Shaw, Shaw Direct, Telus, and others. Canadians can check their local listings for the full schedule and for channel numbers in their region.

See the press release for some recommended viewing.

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
The following were confirmed on Rogers and Sasktel.

March 1 to April 30 (Rogers started Feb. 28 and also said On Demand is on preview)
HGTV Canada
National Geographic
Slice

March 2 to May 4
T+E

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Bell, Shaw, Cogeco, Rogers, Telus, Eastlink and others are offering some or all of the following news channels on preview during the Covid-19 crises.

CBC News, CP24, CTV News, ICI RDI and LCN.

·
Registered
369 Posts
1. No sign of LCN for me, still show up has unsubscribe, even after rebooting the box, I’ll check later this week.

2. Not sure if it’s because if spring break in Ontario and some other province or because schools are closed for 2 weeks because of the virus, but many kids channels are now viewable*:

Teletoon (East and West), Télétoon (French), La Chaîne Disney, Disney Junior, Disney XD.

Already Have them in my package*:
YTV, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon Canada, Family Channel, Family Junior, Treehouse.

Preciously announced free preview*:
- Family Channel, Family Junior, CHRGD.

Other free preview I spotted*:
Salt and Light, all 4 Hollywood Suite channels.

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
No sign of LCN for me...
That's why I said "offering some or all of the following news channels." It sounds like you're on Rogers and they haven't included LCN on their preview page.

Most of the others you listed seem to be specific to Rogers. Shaw and Rogers both announced Treehouse March 16 - March 31. Salt + Light was posted previously.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes, I'm with Roger, in New-Brunswick and with the (now) legacy digital system, that 's maybe why. Thinking about upgrading to Ignite TV next month when my discount expires.

I probably missed or didn't reminder of the announcement for Salt and Light, sorry about that, I was just doing my (almost) weekly channel scan, I like to do that when I have nothing else to do or watch at that moment. :)

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
This thread is for national previews that are available on multiple providers. Each provider forum on this site has a sticky thread for previews, so you should post in the preview thread in the Rogers forum. People that use Rogers are more likely to see it there and it won't confuse others.

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Both Rogers and Cogeco have made made a large number of extra channels available. They don't seem to be national previews, but are probably because have both have large Ontario customer bases. Other smaller Ontario providers may also participate, although Bell isn't.

https://www.cogeco.ca/en/tv/news

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
The following channels are free on Rogers until May 31st

Kid Friendly: Disney, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Family Channel, Family Jr., YTV, Treehouse, Teletoon and ABC Spark

Premium: FX

Movies: Hollywood Suite (70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s)

Lifestyle: HGTV, Slice, National Geographic, BBC Earth and Smithsonian

News: CBC News Network, CP24, CTV News Channel

Multicultural: New Tang Dynasty, TV Asia

·
Super Moderator
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Bell has also joined the wide-scale previews, so these could be national.

To help Canadians stay informed and entertained during the COVID-19 situation, several channels are currently on free preview. A selection of news, entertainment, family and lifestyle channels will be available for free over the next few weeks. Including CTV News, Hollywood Suite, Disney Channel and HGTV Canada.

Se the full list: https://www.bell.ca/Whats-on/Free-Previews

241 - 260 of 277 Posts