Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that an asteroid flying towards us -- or just a giant turkey?

Experts at NASA have named 2012, an apocalyptic blockbuster starring John Cusack, as the most absurd science-fiction film.

The US space agency singled out the movie as the most scientifically flawed of its genre at a conference in which it pleaded with Hollywood bigwigs for more rational plots.
Apocalyptic blockbuster absurd, say NASA scientists

Worldwide Grosses: $769,679,473

In yer face, science nerds! :p ;)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I thought it was okay, but the special effects were just comical at times.

·
Registered
592 Posts
NASA is striking out at Hollywood because they are still upset that their fake moon landing movies were of such poor quality.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
2012 not believable? C'mon, next they'll be telling me that Jack Bauer isn't real.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Unrealistic?!?!?!?!

A movie where a multi-gajillion dollar, save humanity ark doesn't have an override for a door that won't close all the way preventing the engines from working unrealistic?

Those NASA guys are waaaaaay too critical.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My personal preference is Colossus: The Forbin Project. The science behind the storyline is not that far-fetched when you stop and think about it for a moment. And while the equipment design may be a bit laughable by today's standard, much of the equipment portrayed in the movie does exist today in one form or another. Instead of videophones, we have Skype.

2012 is definitely the worst affront to science, logic, intelligence and common sense in the history of movies. Its close second however has to be The Day After Tomorrow. Just as scientifically junky, and just as absurd.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts