Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Shaw Direct DSR 530 satellite receiver reboots randomly without prompting. The receiver just shuts down and within about 30 seconds reboots itself and starts again. Sometimes it will happen 5 or 6 times in an evening. It’s not losing reception it’s definitely rebooting itself. All the lights go off on the unit and then after 30 seconds or so the blue lights on the right hand side start to scroll and then the rest of the lights come on followed by a return to the show I was watching. It’s been going on for about 2 or 3 weeks now and sometimes it will go a day or two without doing it. The company has had me:
-unplug for 5 minutes then plug in
-plug it directly into the wall outlet instead of the surge protector
-they have done a factory reset
-they replaced to receiver 5 days ago but it still does it

Any help out there?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Buzz8789,

If I'm reading your post correctly, the 530 has now been replaced and the replacement 530 is also automatically rebooting frequently?

If that's the case, we'd probably look to something at the location as the cause. As others have mentioned, replacing cables, cable ends, LNBFs, etc have often resolved these sorts of issues. Give Shaw Direct a call and we should be able to troubleshoot and then book a service call if necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts