1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
A little more :)

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Niece and cousin Birthday party

The 7D picture quality really surprised me as I never thought the image quality would be so good. All the photos I have seen on the net the 7D does not resolve the fine details.

All these photos have no real post processing . All I did was resize in photoshop and smart sharpen at 25-30. All shot in raw and converted via cs5. The lens used was the 24-105 F4 IS at F5.6

Sold my 50D, just waiting for the 60D. Going away next week to BVI will take the 7D this time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Fill Flash

Yammon,

Lovely shots of the niece's party. I'm guessing your standard f/5.6 on the 24-105?

With the 7D you might try playing with using the pop-up flash dialed wayyyyyy down (-2 to -3EV on the FEB) just to open the shadows up a tiny bit and it will also give you a nice catch light.

It's a trick I miss not being able to do on the 1Ds as it's a pain slapping on my external flash.

The pop up flashes, IMHO, are pretty useless for most things but actually work well for this.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Gordon good point about the flash. Thanks

Currently in BVi and it's been hot hot hot, but today is much cooler only 91'F with humidity. Its been 99-104'F the past few days. Luckily it just rained a small shower to cool things down.

Photo's of my nieces. Taken with the 7D and 24-105 F4 at F5.6.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Scenery

A HDR photo., oh no I forgot to straighten the horizon.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Beer is consumed locally like water as I can buy Presidente for $1 a bottle at the supermarket. Just bought a case of 12 to drink when Im home.

Banks is from Barbados is only .68cent a bottle and no taxes in BVI. Taste similar to the Jamaican RedStripe beer.

We have been drinking this daily at my brother new business that I'm helping setup their computers and video security.

Had a few Amstel beer last night with dinner. What a hard life? :rolleyes:

All that typing about beer made me thirsty had to go get a Presidente.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Casey and her beautiful eyes

I was at a sign show to take some photos for a sign distributor and as I walked around I saw Casey and her beautiful eyes caught my eyes.

I walked up to her ask asked her for her photo. I wanted her to tilt her head a little forward with a slight tilt to her left but she might wonder what the heck. :p

I did not mid asking her to have her left arm rested on the table.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts