Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a media pass and took some photos tonight. Took the 5D II and shot all the indoor at ISO1000.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
That is one sharp lens! Great photos for sure.

I have a lowly Nikon D80 (in other words, nothing compared to the 5D II you have), but seeing this thread and the sports one is making me start to get lens envy (LOL!). Need to convince myself the 18-135mm kit lens + 50mm f/1.8 lens I have now is good enough. :)

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi BGY11, the D80 and the 18-135 is not bad. That lens should be fairly sharp through the focal length.

I know to get the max sharpness out of any lens and camera you have to make sure that they are focusing properly. Many times owners have lens and camera that is slightly out of calibration and they don't notice.

The D90 is a very nice camera give good picture quality and good low high iso noise.

For me every lens and body that I buy I do a focus check and make sure it focuses dead center of where I point it. If the lens need a minor micro adjustment(on some newer camera's) I do that.

If the body has to micro adjust the reference lens that I use that I know need no adjustment I will send in that body under warranty for calibration.

I just got a 7D on Monday and I had to drop it off the next day for calibration. A few of my lens that I tested on my other camera that needs no adjustment needed adjustment plus the focus was a little inconsistent at further distance.

Nikon has some very nice lens too like the 24-70mm F2.8 and the new 70-200 F2.8 VR II, but they cost $$.

Since photography is my new hobby I don't mind investing a little into the toys.

Thanks for the comment. :)

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Envy white L Len and 1D Series

Was walking down a local street in Ottawa and the huge white L lens caught my eye.

The closer I look they all had 1D series and L zoom. Extra camera and L lens were sitting on the wall and ground behind them.

They all had press id, who where there shooting as they had press id. My guess the queen.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Local Ottawa beauty

Saw this girl beauty walking down the street and asked her if she mind taking her photo. I just gave her a little direction on how I would like her to pose.

·
Registered
520 Posts
70-200 f/2.8L 16-35 f/2.8L, 200 f/2L (Yum), 70-200 f/2.8L, ditto, ditto, another 200 f/2L and the rightmost the 28-300L or the 100 - 400L.

Not a Nikon in sight - Great ad for Canon

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lens info

Most of all my outdoor portraits are from the Canon 24-105 F4 IS is always shoot at F5.6 so were these 3 photos.

Here is my flickr link that I also use to post.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yaamon

I also carried my 85mm f1.8 on this trip, I should have used it for the portraits. Just easier to use a zoom when I'm shooting scenery too.

Got some good photos at the Byward market. Spent a few hours there and also had lunch.

A local girl that was vendor. Mid day sun and the racoon eyes darn.

Took this one at the Supreme Court at iso1000 @F4

Had a little hand shake 1/40th at iso [email protected], I should have went to iso3200. She was a little shy and had to talk to her a little to make her at ease.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the other side of the wall when I was walking towards them is where I noticed the gear.

They had a few body and lens laid on top of some light jackets on the ground.

As I walked by I turned around and say I gotta take this picture all Canon. :D

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Canada Day Smiles July 1

Today I used the 70-200mm F4 IS lens with the 5D II.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some more

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Great pics, but may I ask why you only take (or post) photos of females? And do they know you'll be posting their faces on the Internet?

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe I'm a guy and find taking photos of females comes natural.

On the web site that I use to host my photos there are photos with guys on there too. In this camera forum I see mainly guys post I figure they would appreciate photos of women.

These photo's were taken in a public place that had hundreds of photographers out with their camera taking lots of people photos too. If I'm not mistaken taking a photo of someone in a public place is not illegal. Oh by the way most of the photo's I already asked them before if I could take their photo. Why do you think they are looking at me with a smile. I also hand out cards with my email and web site address and many have asked after if I could email them a high resolution photo which I gladly do.

If any person in my photo's was to ask me to remove it I would with no hesitation.

Hope that answers your question and thanks for the comment.

Ok some guy photos.

·
Registered
777 Posts
aside from choice of glass...did you get her phone number? :)

Nice photos Yaamon. I really need to get out and play with my new(old) 50mm prime 1.8 lens.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Richard, heehee :rolleyes: no phone number if I was to get my Blackberry would be full as there was lots of beautiful women there. :)

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cyndi Lauper @ISO6400 NO flash

I got a vip media pass to take photos for Pride Toronto. Cyndi manager had lots of restrictions for the media, NO flash what the heck, good thing I took the 5D II and bumped up the ISO to 6400 and got that new 70-200mm F2.8 IS II lens.

She came out after 9pm but was still able to capture good photos.

Now there was this beautiful singer Dragonette oh my. @ISO2000

This entire weekend I got to take some very beautiful and attractive women.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I gotta post more of Dragonette

1 - 20 of 89 Posts