Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just moved into a new basement apartment in a home where my landlord lives in the upstairs/main section of the house. For some reason unknown to him, he has been receiving free cable from Rogers for at least a few years. He specifically asked me when I moved in to NOT order anything from Rogers, lest I accidentally expose his his free cable and wreck everything. Since he doesn't have a STB he's getting just those channels that one would normally get in a hotel room (about 60 or so stations).

My question is, if I buy a standard (non HD) STB outright and have it mailed to my relative's address (which is about 10 blocks away from my basement apartment and my relatives are indeed already Rogers subscribers), can I then expect to receive more channels in my basement apartment and at the same time NOT jeopardize my landlord's free cable?

I'm not sure if activating a STB will somehow alert Rogers to look at the address and verify that it's not currently not on their paid subscriber list. But if I can squeeze even more free channels out of his service while not endangering his free TV then naturally I'm willing to purchase a STB outright.

Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Digital Home has a zero tolerance for discussions about how to steal signals or participate in activities that violate the Terms of Use.

Closing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.