Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rocking a 36 inch flatron LG CRT tube tv for a long time.

Finally made the switch to HDTV via the Sony XBR -52HX909. I love this TV.

It's in my family room on the main floor with lots of ambient light and I also got the HTIB from Sony, the 3D Blu ray BDVIZ1000W system, I especially like the wireless rear speakers on this system.

I am now addicted.

I am planning on buying a second TV for my basement, and was planning on going for a projector but decided to dedicate the big space to my kids and set up another smaller area for gaming and movies etc. Because it's in my basement I can go for plasma so I was wondering which plasma would be best for a budget of under $1000 and size of 42 inches or so.

I'm also a bit worried about burn in on plasma's from gaming but a "sales guy" from future shop that new tech plasma has all but eliminated that risk.

Thank you for your input.

Cheers,

fatso.

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Please search the forum regarding burn in as its been discussed a million times. Also search for what people think of the "advice" they receive from Futureshop employees.

No one can tell you what the perfect tv is for you.

My advice is to take a look at the 42" Plasma's that interest and come back and discuss the models you have looked at and why you are interested in one versus the other and then we can help you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow 57, you have a lot of fans. I nearly went blind reading up on HDTV's, befroe deciding on the full array backlit LED from Sony.

Thanks for the links and the advice, look for a PM from me soon.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts