Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had this receiver since they came out (it was the newest model at the time) and really like it. For a long while now though when it shuts off or updates we have one heck of a time getting it back on. It just sits with the one green light on and we have to press and release the power button many times to work...sometimes hours.

Last year ( I think) we talked to Bell about it and they said we needed to get a new one however that is the only model that had the TV2 out capabilities so we forged on with this one. After a very long power outage today we are no longer able to get it up and running.

I did a quick google search and this site kept coming up :) My question is what model out there is most like the 9200 and is there any yet that have the TV2 out feature? We have our main TV and run the other to our daughters room.

Thanks for any and all help :)

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Call Bell. The $150 receiver replacement fee will likely get you a refurbed 9242 with TV2 out and more features than the 9200.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I was told they do not have the 9242 and I could have a refurbished 9200 for $149.99 + 13.00 shipping.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the help! I am happily watching TV on my 9242 :) I was able to find a used one for a good price!

Great site...thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$200...from reading I think that is good right? lol now I will post and everyone will say I paid too much. The way I see it I paid $36.00 more for it but have the peace of mind I didn't have to give $164 and my 9200 so win win for me :)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
At the end of the day it is your money you are spending so spend away.

That is a good price although you have no warranty but I doubt you will have any issues.

Just keep the 9200 active on your account, then when Bell swap them out (this year I hope), they will ship you a 9242. That is why I have 2 bad 9200's on my account at the moment, so fingers crossed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts