Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a Canuck supplier and a decent replacement?

10 foot mesh, by the way.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
sorry to hear that.
what happened? do ya know?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it just wore out. It's been in service since the mid 1980's, so it was a good run. The motor isn't sending a pulse back to the receiver. I would be ok if it were stuck on 91W or 99W, or even 118. But no, it's on 97w with one channel that airs one thing that I watch once a week.

It's times like this I remember that it's just a hobby. So, I guess I'll add another thing to my wish list. Glad it went before I purchased an S-2 8PSK STB or a nifty new C/Ku LNB.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
You anywhere near welland? Friend there who might have an extra one..

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I'm in Regina. Thanks, though.

I think I might have to go old school for some of the NFL preseason games.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Ok. The one I use is a Saginaw. Nice actuator. I have 2 others after that should ever die. You may find one locally, look around for someone gettin rid of their system. Other than that I'd be googlin for a Canadian supplier. Gotta be hundreds. Never looked up there before.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did some preliminary checking, and the motor is done. I can still hand crank it. I feel like I'm in the dark ages. That being said, I'm now at 91W so I have some variety.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Do ya know who made it, and what size?
Probably due for a new one anyway if it's that old.
I keep three of em here, last one I replaced because
the eyebolt on the end which attaches to mount was
bent (from "flopping" on east side). Motor was still fine.
That was a Von Wiese, 24".

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have a venture maxi purchased about 4 or 5 years ago still running smooth, got it locally at rps.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a venture maxi purchased about 4 or 5 years ago still running smooth, got it locally at rps.
yes i tought about the venture actuator at rps but 249 plus taxes and shipping is a hell of a price

·
Registered
928 Posts
yes i tought about the venture actuator at rps but 249 plus taxes and shipping is a hell of a price
When I purchased mine I think it was $229 but I got it on sale for $199 or 189? not sure it was a few years ago.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did some looking, and I can get a new one from the states for under $100. Add brokerage fees and I'm still ahead. Too bad, really. I want to support Canadian companies, but come on. It's a 12 volt electric motor attached to a telescoping arm.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Krydor is that the Venture Maxi 24" for $100? thats not bad.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yessir. There's a lesser one for 70 bucks. But, I want to go a bit higher up. This one lasted over 20 years, so I'm hoping for a repeat.

I'm holding off for now. I'll be taking a cross border hop for some baseball and football, and I'll see if the rest of the crew is willing to stop for 10 minutes so I can snag a new arm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts