Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9200 is installed. But I can't connect TV2. All I get is snow. Need some help.

I couldn't find an answer. I connected a coax cable from the TV2 output to another TV and all I get is snow. I put the 9200 in dual mode and it doesn't work.

Do I need RG6 cable?

I am currently on channel 3. (On my TV) and I can't get a signal from the receiver..

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
You need to change the channel on your TV to match the modulated channel for tuner2 as set in your receiver. TV2 does not output on channel 3/4 like other receivers, you need to set it to a channel using the modulator setting in the menu.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
NoCarrier said:
I couldn't find an answer. I connected a coax cable from the TV2 output to another TV and all I get is snow. I put the 9200 in dual mode and it doesn't work.

Do I need RG6 cable?

I am currently on channel 3. (On my TV) and I can't get a signal from the receiver..

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
The signal is modulate. Go into the setup menu and look for modulator and see what channel it is setup for.

Then tune your tv to that channel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh! I found the menu. It's working, thanks guys!

Is there a way to combine the signals from the receiver + cable TV? So there's only one cable connected to my TV VHF input?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
NoCarrier said:
Ahhh! I found the menu. It's working, thanks guys!

Is there a way to combine the signals from the receiver + cable TV? So there's only one cable connected to my TV VHF input?

Yes. Find a channel on cable that is between by at least 3 channels up and down of empty cable channels. Change your receiver to output on that channel and then use a combiner (looks like spliiter) to combine them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
joedoe said:
Yes. Find a channel on cable that is between by at least 3 channels up and down of empty cable channels. Change your receiver to output on that channel and then use a combiner (looks like spliiter) to combine them.
You can just use a regular splitter too, you don't necessarily need a combiner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
supergenius said:
You can just use a regular splitter too, you don't necessarily need a combiner.
A regular splitter may not work. If it is bidirectional then it should.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
988 Posts
In my opinion this is one of the very few downfalls of the 9200 that it can't transmit as well to 3/4 like the older receivers. I have a couple of old clunker TV units that do not have higher tuners built in - just the old 2 to 13 dial tuners. I have one in the garage / work shed for example that I used to feed with my 5100 that I can't anymore. And for security reasons I don't really want to put anything in the garage of much more value than the clunker set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
I believe they did it to try and open the range for better quality and to avoid interference.

If you have cheap VCR that may solve your problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
You could of course get a fairly cheap RCA to Coax modulator? Use TV2 out into the modulator and then run coax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joedoe said:
A regular splitter may not work. If it is bidirectional then it should.
So a bidirectionnal splitter will work? I couldn't find a "signal combiner".

Can you find a link/picture to that product?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Actually you would connect the 9200 to OUT1, your CableTV to IN, and the OUT2 would go to your TV. IMO this splitter is overkill, you really could just use a normal splitter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
NoCarrier said:
So, I connect the 9200 to OUT and CableTV to OUT then IN goes to TV? Huh?
Yes. The in's and out's are written to be a splitter so it is just reversed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
joedoe said:
Yes. The in's and out's are written to be a splitter so it is just reversed.
Thanks! After that, I'm all setup and I'll be able to finally relax and enjoy this new toy.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top