Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pose a couple of questions. I have only ever ordered a ppv once and it was a "free one" (you pay for it and then they credit you back) from bell, the only time I have ever hooked up the phone line. With the change over time most people migrating to cell phones like I have, I gave bell my cell # to contact me. In my home I have three land lines, one for work, one for work fax, and kid's land line. 1 Will bell let me use all three lines for my receivers? 2 When the receiver calls home to give info...location I D, purchases, etc.. Does it tell bell the phone # it's calling from? Wireless phone jacks do not work in my very, very old house....i'm constantly renovating to please the family. For those that may wonder why no cell phones for the kid's, they have them, I just don't pay for them. They have to do farm work to earn money for the cell's. Ever see a desperate 12 yr old shovel frozen horse sh!t at 6am in -20 degree weather. I have and it's funny!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
1 Will bell let me use all three lines for my receivers?
1) I`m not sure about Bell, but with Shaw Starchoice, when you set up secondary seasonal residence, they required you to send them a photocopy of your Tax Bill or Hydro bill to show Shaw that residence was in your name. Nothing wrong with asking.
2 When the receiver calls home to give info...location I D, purchases, etc.. Does it tell bell the phone # it's calling from?
2) I would suspect Bell would subscribe to call display, after all they are the ones who do the call traces for Police.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If you are just concerned about hooking up the phone lines to order PPV, don't bother, order via the Internet, it is easy and the PPV shows up on all receivers on the account.

If you are concerned about Bells' verification Team, just wait for the call and walk round the receivers, reading off the numbers.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Bell wants the receivers connected to the phone number on the account. Unless it's known to Bell, a different number will cause problems. Don't assume the Bell TV knows about your Bell Telephone accounts. They are run as separate businesses. Three numbers will raise gigantic red flags. (I believe they do use caller ID and your business account would be considered to be a different location.) You are better off not connecting them. They might call to confirm the location IDs that way. Connecting them to different phone numbers virtually guarantees it.

With newer receivers, such as the 6131, 9242 and 9241, I believe the network TCP/IP plug can be used instead of a telephone line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts