Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see our Multi-Room DVR thread for the general discussion of the the new device.

Please do not use this thread for discussion as we want to keep this thread strictly for answering commonly asked questions.

Users are encouraged to add to this FAQ if they like but please use a Q: and A: format and stick to known facts.

A moderator may edit submissions if the facts change or to clean up this thread.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How can I upgrade my receiver equipment to be Multi-Room DVR ready?

During your Multi-Room DVR installation, the installer will swap out your current receiver equipment with our latest DVR and HD ready receiver technology; the DCX 3400m DVR & DCX 700m HD ready receiver(s). You may also swap your current equipment for the DCX 3400m & DCX 700m at one of our retail kiosks for free prior to your installation.

How many recordings can I watch at the same time?

Three recorded programs can be viewed simultaneously (2 in HD, 1 in SD or 3 in SD), one of which must be viewed on the TV connected to your DVR.

Why was I unable to delete a recording from my DVR?

If a recording is being viewed on a networked receiver, you will not be able to delete the recording on the primary DVR until the recording is no longer in use. If a recording is being viewed on another receiver, it will be indicated by an "eye" icon on the recording information screen.

Why did a recording I selected to play on my networked receiver not play from the beginning?

If the recording was previously viewed on the primary DVR, it will resume from the point at which the playback stopped. You can play the recording from the beginning by selecting the Restart from the beginning icon on the Program Information screen.

Why do I see different menu options on my networked receivers than I see on my DVR?

Pressing the "List" button on your remote will display the DVR Main Menu on the primary DVR, allowing access to all DVR functions. Pressing the "List" button only displays the list of DVR recordings on the networked receivers; networked receivers are not DVRs.

Why does the on-screen guide on the networked receivers not indicate what programs I have scheduled to record in the future?

Scheduled recording information must be obtained from the primary DVR.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reserved

1 - 3 of 3 Posts