Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hmmm I missed the begining but I remember it was still pretty good in the 90's when I got into music. I remember, (as a 12 year old), Bevis and Buthead was the best thing on TV, along with the Simpsons. Although I suppose that cartoon was the start of the downfall.

I found a way to wire my moms old school getoblaster up to our TV and record onto mix tapes... I remember I liked watching those "popup videos" for the neat info but being pissed at the "popup" bubble sound was always in my tapes! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hmmm I missed the begining but I remember it was still pretty good in the 90's when I got into music. I remember, (as a 12 year old), Bevis and Buthead was the best thing on TV, along with the Simpsons. Although I suppose that cartoon was the start of the downfall.

I found a way to wire my moms old school getoblaster up to our TV and record onto mix tapes... I remember I liked watching those "popup videos" for the neat info but being pissed at the "popup" bubble sound was always in my tapes! :rolleyes:
Was that MTV, though, or Much Music. I think in the 90s, unless you were a pioneer in grey box stuff, we only got Much Music in Canada (at least in Ontario where I am.) Much Music picked up Beavis and Butthead, and the Pop Up Video was actually from VH 1 not MTV.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Was that MTV, though, or Much Music. I think in the 90s, unless you were a pioneer in grey box stuff, we only got Much Music in Canada (at least in Ontario where I am.) Much Music picked up Beavis and Butthead, and the Pop Up Video was actually from VH 1 not MTV.
Yep my dad had one of those big 20ft motorized dishes stuck right in the middle of moms garden. I remember programing all the satellite positions for my dad, even at 12 I was way more into technology stuff than him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts