Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I moved the "MyPicks" discussion from the "Free Previews" thread to this one.

I checked channel 2010 around March 15 and saw the "MyPicks" message but it was truncated and I wasn't sure if it was something left over from last fall or was for a new service. I noticed they have changed the wording in the last few days. Here is the current message.
New this fall: MTS' "MyPicks" service. Watch your favorite shows from one channel.
I think the AT&T U-verse Mediaroom service in the U.S. has 3 Multiview channels with preset groupings - Sports, News and Kids. It would be great if it was customizable by subscriber, but that may be asking too much. I would be very happy to get what AT&T is offering.

If anyone gets info direct from MTS, we're all interested in hearing it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have changed the quote from the Olympics Picks channel to highlight how I read it personal.

Watch your favorite shows from one channel.
Based on that emphasis I am assumping that it is a personally customizable channel. Not knowing how the infrastructure works on the backend it could be possible to offer a customized channel as it would not be all that different technology wise from the currently working picture-in-picture while browsing the guide.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My Picks coming in August

Saw this on the NFL Sunday Ticket page.
MTS will be launching My Picks. My Picks allows you to enhance and customize your TV viewing experience! With My Picks you can keep track of multiple channels of your choice at one time, on one screen!

Stay Tuned for more information on this exciting new feature in August 2010.
They also mention that NFL Sunday Ticket requires a subscription to My Picks, which leads me to believe "My Picks" may be an extra cost.

Based on the "My Multiview" feature that AT&T is rolling out in the U.S., it seems like it will look similar to the Olympics Multview, with one main channel and 3 PIP channels. AT&T allows up to 55 channels to be in the favourites list that you can scroll through in the PIP section. The list is personalized per STB.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I noticed this change:
Stay Tuned for more information on this exciting new feature in September.
Maybe they're waiting for all the staff to get back from vacation. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
mypicks will be free for the first few months but yes, afterwards will cost extra. I believe they told us around $5.00/month

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.