Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
May 2014 Price Changes (Mostly Increases)

Effective May 2014 MTS TV prices are changing as follows:

Basic service increases by $3 to $44.50 but the first set top rental is included.

All theme groups increase by $0.50 each except:

Sports Fan - $1 more to $7
B4U from $15.99 to $6
CBN from $14.99 to $6
belN Sports from $19.99 to $14.99

The change to basic service has no impact if you do not have a credit for the box rental but is effectively an increase if you have one.

There are no channel additions listed.

·
Super Moderator
16,563 Posts
As of your May 2014 bill, the price will increase for Basic TV Service. Your 1st Set-top box will now be included in the monthly price for TV service. If you are not already receiving a credit for your 1st Set-top box, your monthly price for Basic TV service plus one Set-top box will remain the same.
It sounds like this is a price increase of $3 for those people that had 2 STBs and free PVR for life a few years back.

No code has to be inserted here.

Note that Classic TV is also going up by $3 to $44.50.

News channel changes

It looks like MTS is making these changes to comply with the recent CRTC ruling re: news channels.

Effective May 15, CTV News Channel is also available as a Pick & Pay.

LCN is moving from channel 402 (Divertissement group) to channel 138 (News group).

RDI and CBC News Network are changing channel numbers to put them with the news channels, but will still be part of Basic.
RDI moves from 27 to 139
CBC News Network moves from 15 (SD)/1015 (HD) to 140/1140.

Sun TV must still be under negotiation.

Channel Group Changes

No code has to be inserted here.

Source: http://www.mts.ca/mts/support/service+bulletins/changes+to+mts+tv+may2014

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sun News has been added on channels 143 and 1143. This is in keeping with the CRTC must-carry ruling. There is also no free preview at this time.

·
Super Moderator
16,563 Posts
NFL Sunday Ticket Special Offer

Order early and save $50.00 off the Season Pass for NFL Sunday Ticket.

Order before September 4th and you'll get the full season of NFL Sunday Ticket for only $149.00. (Regular price: $199.00) Special pricing ($149) applies to full payment price only, not available in installment payments.

Subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket by tuning to Channel 1811 and you can purchase directly on your TV.

www.mts.ca/mts/personal/tv/winnipeg/ultimate+tv+features/nfl+sunday+ticket

·
Super Moderator
16,563 Posts
Multicultural Channel Promo

Looks like a tie-in to Folklorama again.

Mention this ad when you sign up for any multicultural channel by September 15, 2014, and get your first month of that channel for free.*

*Available to residential MTS TV customers only who have not had the corresponding multicultural channel in the past 6 months. To make changes after the first month, call MTS or services will continue at then current charges. Multicultural channels are subject to a minimum 30-day subscription.

·
Super Moderator
16,563 Posts
MTS Scores a Hat Trick with Three New TSN Channels

Winnipeg Jets coverage now included as part of MTS TV basic package

MTS, Manitoba's leading full-service telecommunications provider, today announced that it will carry TSN's expanded line-up of five national feeds: TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5. With this expansion, Winnipeg Jets games will now appear on TSN3 and be included in MTS TV's Basic Service channel group.

"At MTS, we understand how much Manitobans love their Winnipeg Jets," said Paul Norris, Vice President of Brand & Consumer Marketing for MTS. "With even more great sports programming included in MTS's basic channel package, Jets fans will be able to watch more than 60 games - home and away - without paying a separate fee."

TSN3 will appear in standard definition on Channel 22 for MTS Ultimate TV and Classic TV subscribers, and high definition on Channel 1022 for MTS Ultimate TV subscribers. MTS Digital Cable subscribers can also catch the hockey action on Channel 6.

Winnipeg Jets regional games were previously only available with a subscription to the TSN Jets channel. Starting this season (2014-2015), TSN's package of regional Winnipeg Jets hockey games will be included in the Basic Service channel group on TSN3. Existing subscriptions to the TSN Jets channel have been discontinued and customers will not be charged for the 2014-2015 season. For the full broadcast schedule please visit: www.tsn.ca/jets.
Press Release.

The bottom line is that TSN JETS is being discontinued since the Jets games will be shown on the standard TSN channel on Basic.

·
Registered
172 Posts
So if I understand correctly we are getting all of the Jets games that are owned by TSN for free because TSN3 will be part of our basic package? That is awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Anyone have any contact info for an MTS door to door rep who wants to sign a new customer up for a 12 month promo? I'm already on MTS, but for a family member of mine.

Thanks

·
Registered
757 Posts
Are they even offering 12 month promos anymore? I think my installation orders have only been for 3 month, or 6 month promos. I can't say for sure though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think they offer 12 months at different times of year! I know even Shaw offers a max of 6 months now also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapata

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
I just got a 12 month promo in May for MTS. I am paying $55 a month for Lightning 10 and TV with 4 Theme Groups. I did not need Home Phone - but that was an extra $30 a month if I had taken it. After the promo is over, I will probably stay with MTS internet and bundle my cell phone with them for savings each month.

I was on a 36 month (3 yr promo) with Shaw (TV, high speed 20, phone with features), but left after 24 months. It was $80.90 first year, $110.90 second year, and $140.90 third year. Fourth year regular price. (Large Bundle - Reg $164.90 a month) My family member is also on this same promo with Shaw currently and looking to downsize the TV package, as they do not watch 2/3 of the channels they currently have.

Just curious, but I know if they are only offering 3 or 6 month promo's they will probably just wait till a 12 month comes around.

Thanks for all your help

·
Super Moderator
16,563 Posts
NHL Centre Ice

Full Season $219
Free Preview October 8 to October 14, 2014.

Available on channels 831-845 (SD) and 1831-1845 (HD).

Order NHL Centre Ice today to watch up to 37 out-of-market NHL games every week* on your TV in HD so you can catch the games that matter to you.

*Blackouts apply to all Winnipeg Jets and nationally televised games.

Billing available as a one-time charge or through 4 equal installment payments of $54.75.

Call 204-225-5687(204-CALLMTS) or tune to channels 831-845 and 1831-1845 to Buy NHL Centre Ice now.
Source.

Note: All Jets games will be on TSN3 as part of MTS Basic.

Last year Centre Ice was $200 - thanks Rogers. :(

·
Registered
172 Posts
Changed Packages - Channels didn't show in Guide but I could get them?

Flipped off my kids programming last night and flipped on Sports Fans so I could watch the Jets game last night, but none of the Sportsnet channels showed up in my guide? OLN did, Golf Channel did, etc. After a few tries 20 minutes later, I could actually key in channel number for Sportsnet 360HD and get to the game, but it never showed in the guide (even this morning). Anyone ever have that happen to them when they do a package swap? Kind of annoying and was wondering if I had done anything wrong...?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Did you either modify your guide manually, or change the settings to show only subscribed channels? The latter should update automatically I think, unless there's a glitch in their system.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts