Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope so because I just ordered a new Apple Airport Extreme from the Apple store. I will let you know when it arrives.

Cory

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Apple Airport Extreme base station arrived and after a brief set up (5 minutes) it works flawlessly. Both the range and the speed are more than I expected. I was told it that it would not work with MTS but that is not true!

Cory

·
Registered
48 Posts
To the OP, It's your lucky day... I had similair issue with TTV... When you setup the router at your moms place make 100% sure multi-casting is turned off.....What can / does happen is if multi-casting is on in your router your router see's it as a possible attack. In other words your router starts eating the packets for your MTS TV service.... In other words you start getting huge packet loss at the digital terminal for what looks like no real reason.....causing your TV service to go out....

If MTS offers a decent modem / router combo I would advise probably using that instead...Unless you lots time on your hands to sit and watch your router and digital terminals....

This is one case where normally crappy modem / router combo's all the sudden become your best friend....even more so if your not experianced at networking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MTS STB and Airport Extreme

I know others have gotten the Extreme to work with MTS, but it won't work with my STB which is a Next Level 2200N30000. I had a similar problem with my older bubble Extreme (802.11g) and got it to work by downgrading the firmware to v5.4. Mark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MTS STB Incompatible with Airport Extreme

Just as a follow-up to my previous post, the MTS tech support people are telling me that their STBes (I have a 2200N30000, which they were calling an RG2200) are incompatible with my new Airport Extreme (Gigabit Ethernet) router. They suggested that I run a Linksys router in front of the Airport. Mark

21 - 26 of 26 Posts