Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MTS TV is adding Disney Channel 150 (SD)/1150 (HD) and Disney Channel on Demand on September 3, 2015 in the Family channel group. Free Preview on channel 157/1157(HD) until September 30.

TÉLÉTOON Rétro (French) is being rebranded La Chaîne Disney (SD channel 443) and will stay in the Jeunesse group.

SPEED is being officially rebranded as FOX Sports Racing HD 175/1175 (HD) in the Sports Fans group, so that means that MTS is one of the few Canadian providers carrying that channel.

Channel 110 NASA TV is currently in both the PrimeTime 2 & Family groups. After September 3, it will only be in the PrimeTime 2 group, probably because Disney will be added to Family.

On September 3, 2015, Treehouse on Demand will change from dedicated channel 156 to using the On Demand button on the remote control to access the Subscription TV menu.

Source: Changes to MTS TV on September 3, 2015 | MTS

·
Registered
338 Posts
You need a pretty big decoder ring to understand the changes coming to kids programming.

In a nutshell the Family Channel properties, including anything flying the Disney brand before Sept 1, 2015 lost those rights and they are moving to a new company. This means any old channel with the word "Disney" in their name will be changing before Jan 1, 2016.

The Disney content is then moving over to the channel group running the Teletoon channels. It seems Teletoon Retro (EN) will become Cartoon Network Canada and Cartoon Network Canada will become Disney Canada, on the distribution side of things. What was Teletoon Retro moves back to a programming block on Teletoon.

At some point in the next six months other channels will go through so flavour of rebanding to make way for a new Disney Jr and Disney XD, a likely candidate as a channel going away as part of this change is Action.

Got it?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
No. MTS's full channel lineup is available here. Although they have East & West timeshift packages, neither of these include CTVTwo. Is there a particular program that you're looking for?

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@hercules130 I wondered why they never carried a CTV Two as part of a time shift package. Although all it's programs are carried by other channels available in Canada (except TV Land's Hot in Cleveland, which is now over.)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Just out of curiosity, no particular reason, as indeed almost all of CTV Two programs (except news perhaps) are simsubs.

When I was in Montreal with Bell Fibe, I got CTV Two Atlantic. It acts as overflow relief for CTV Atlantic. Thus, when CTV Atlantic has programming conflict some of its programs are moved to CTV Two. Being in Atlantic time, those programs sometimes air earlier than the original US-Eastern Time broadcast.

Speaking of which, I do not understand the benefits of having timeshift East, as Central Time sync its TV programming with Eastern Time. As such, primetime in CT starts at 19:00, instead of 20:00. The exception is if one wants to watch Toronto / Montreal local news.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The time-shift packages now have the following CTV stations in HD. Montreal and Vancouver were previously in their respective packages. The reason for adding all the extra CTV stations is that all Sunday afternoon NFL games will be available on one of the CTV stations or one of the TSN channels, mimicking the old NFL Sunday Ticket. The price of the time-shift packages remains at $3/month each ($6 for both.)

Time Shift East
1349 CTV Halifax
1350 CTV Kitchener
1351 CTV Moncton
1344 CTV Montreal (SD 344)
1352 CTV North Bay
1353 CTV Ottawa
1354 CTV Sault Ste. Marie
1355 CTV Sudbury
1358 CTV Sydney
1356 CTV Timmins
1357 CTV Toronto

Time Shift West
1359 CTV Calgary
1360 CTV Regina
1332 CTV Vancouver (SD 332)

Source: https://www.bellmts.ca/residential/tv/whats-new "Where to watch"

For more info on the NFL changes this year, see:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/160-whats-sports/275258-nfl-canada-2017-discussion-thread-5.html#post2952553

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Holiday Fireplaces available for free on MTS Video on Demand

I got this yesterday in the MTS Dec. newsletter.
Turn your TV into a fireplace with the free holiday fireplace. Choose from four fireplaces with holiday music or crackling fire sounds. Tune to On Demand, select 'Series & Events', then select 'Holiday Fireplaces'.
More holiday info: https://www.bellmts.ca/residential/tv/holidaytv

The Holiday Fireplace is still available online at www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl57VFgopk8.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rogers is the only other provider. My guess is Bell is just cleaning up some of channel agreements they inherited as the expire.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Santa Tracker app will arrive on channel 82/1082 with the Winnipeg Santa Clause Parade this weekend and go back to the North Pole on January 2, 2019. Except for some Holiday Family Movies that are promoted in the Movie Section, all other content within the Santa Tracker app is Free.

The holiday fireplaces can be found through Santa Tracker app by going to Movies – On Demand – Series and Events – Holiday Fireplaces.

See the Santa Tracker page for more interactive games and features.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I saw a banner in What's New saying that MLB Extra Innings is now available on Bell MTS. I think this is a new package.

MLB Extra Innings with MLB Network. Total of $199 Or 4 payments of $49.75

Bell Ontario announced a free preview from March 20 – April 4, 2019, so MTS should have the same.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
I noticed a bunch of new HD versions of channels today, anyone know anything about this?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts