Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered today that the $29.99 for 15 theme packs only applies to bundles of 3 or more services. Otherwise it's 34.99. So MTS phone plus MTS TV is not enough to qualify.

It was advertised as $29.99 "bundled"(small print) and they gave it to us at that price for the first month including ALL themes. Then today the themes vanished and when I called them about it they quoted $34.99 to get 15 of them back. Maybe they caught a mistake but a phone call would have been nice.

They were kind enough to offer 9 theme packs for $29.99 for the remaining 5 months, which in our case is enough.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is the first month special?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I know when I first had MTS TV many moons ago, the deal was all theme packs for one month for free, and that was that.

In your case, it probably was a one-month promotion to start.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it was actually a mistake then. I'm glad they let us continue.
Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really should have called them as soon as I noticed the extra packages. I checked to see what the top 15 actually were but when I got to 20 I packed it in. This was for my mother who only watches 5 or 6 themes so I wasn't too worried, but I guess from their point of view, we received extra value.

I don't like the misleading ads, but it's still pretty good value at $35 for most people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts