Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Keep in mind is that:

1. Bell (aka Expressvu) is confirmed to be carrying the Jets regional channel.
2. TSN is owned by Bell.

It might be that it is intentional kept exclusive to Bell to drive subscriptions there.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
1. Bell (aka Expressvu) is confirmed to be carrying the Jets regional channel.
2. TSN is owned by Bell.

It might be that it is intentional kept exclusive to Bell to drive subscriptions there.
Exactly my point - it won't be MTS' fault (or Shaw's) if they don't get the TSN Jets channel for the fist season. Bell will hang onto it as long as they can...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Exactly my point - it won't be MTS' fault (or Shaw's) if they don't get the TSN Jets channel for the fist season. Bell will hang onto it as long as they can...
Maybe......but it doesn't make sense to do that in Manitoba. I wouldn't think that Bell has a very high percentage of TV subscribers in Manitoba, even if people jump ship to them. I can't see a lot of advertisers wanting to spend big ad $$ when their ads are only reaching a small percentage of Manitobans.

Financially it makes no sense to retain exclusivity....Bell can't be that dumb.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Maybe......but it doesn't make sense to do that in Manitoba. I wouldn't think that Bell has a very high percentage of TV subscribers in Manitoba, even if people jump ship to them. I can't see a lot of advertisers wanting to spend big ad $$ when their ads are only reaching a small percentage of Manitobans.

Financially it makes no sense to retain exclusivity....Bell can't be that dumb.
Well... we'll see. My guess is that you won't see it on any other provider this season, and it will be Bell's decision.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any MTS insiders on here that can confirm that they will in fact pick up TSN JETS TV station?????????
Mts and Shaw are in talks to get the channel but just like rogers with sportsnet1 Bell is asking too much and both mts and shaw have to decide what package they want to carry the channel in and charge customers for it

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
An off the record conversation with someone from MTS today... he's heard through the grapevine that MTS is being shut down by Bell in any talks for the channel right now (probably Bell charging too much), but that if/when it comes, it could be carried in the existing Sports HD package and the same package as Sportsnet is in for SD.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Be sure to call Bell corporate and complain... not their TV division, but their TSN office or whatever.

Don't blame MTS (or Shaw) - it is not their fault this time.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Shaw picked it up today - $9.95 a month after December 1st.

I heard a "rumour" that MTS might be able to broadcast the arena feed for free in SD with no audio... not quite the same thing?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I just spoke to mts customer care and they have advised me they have made an agreement with bell media and to watch mts.ca in the coming few days

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yep....I called yesterday too! this is great news!! probably the best since their HD service got revamped.
Let's wait and see how much it costs first, and what package you may or may not need to receive it. I have a feeling we might not like the news entirely...

·
Super Moderator
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
TSN Jets Official Press Release

MTS TV customers score with TSN Jets
Customers who subscribe to the season by October 31 will have chance to see a Jets game from the MTS private suite

WINNIPEG, Sept. 18, 2011 /CNW/ - MTS today announced that TSN Jets will be available to its MTS TV customers. The new channel will provide coverage of Winnipeg Jets 2011-12 home and away games.

TSN Jets will be available to all MTS TV customers on free preview until October 31, 2011. Starting Monday, October 3, 2011, MTS TV customers will be able to sign up for the telecasts that will continue after the free preview ends. These telecasts will be available for the remainder of the season for $9.95 per month. Between October 3 and October 31, 2011, customers who commit to purchase the entire season of games will have a chance to see a Jets game from the MTS private suite.

TSN Jets will be available in standard definition on channel 168 and for MTS Ultimate TV customers available in high definition on channel 480.

Winnipeg Jets games not carried on TSN Jets will be broadcast nationally on either TSN or CBC, both of which are part of the MTS TV basic TV package.

For more information about TSN Jets on MTS TV, please visit www.mts.ca/tsnjets.

41 - 60 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.