Following a recent upgrade to the software that drives its Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) service, MTS has announced a new feature called "MY PVR."

The MY PVR service enables MTS television customers to add, change or delete video recordings on their Whole Home PVR (Personal Video Recorder) from any internet connected computer or select mobile device in the world.

To use the service, MTS customers simply log on to their online account and browse through an interactive program guide where they can select programs to record, make changes to upcoming recordings or make room on their PVR by deleting existing recordings.

In addition to using their internet connected computer to access their PVR remotely, customers can make changes using select Smartphones, tablets, and other Wi-Fi enabled devices. The list of MTS supported devices include the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300, Tour 9630, Torch 9800, Style 9670, Bold 9780 and the Apple iPod, iPhone and iPod touch.

Digital Home readers who have used the service have also had some success using Android powered smartphones. To date, Digital Forum members have told us they are appreciative of the new features the service provides but complain the online service is sluggish and contains bugs.

Discuss the MY PVR service in Digital Home's MTS discussion forum .