Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
MTS launches Ultimate TV service in Steinbach

From the MTS press release:

MTS's Ultimate TV service is available over MTS's new fibre optic network which provides access to the most advanced telecommunications services that MTS offers and lays the groundwork for telecommunications services of the future.

A special event celebrating the launch of MTS Ultimate TV in Steinbach will take place in January 2012.

MTS Ultimate TV is currently available to 95 per cent of Winnipeg households as well as in Brandon, Portage La Prairie, Selkirk, Dauphin and a growing number of households in Steinbach. Approximately 1,960 homes in Steinbach are now eligible for fibre connection and Ultimate TV service. MTS will continue to convert Steinbach residential customers to the new network next year, with plans to have the Steinbach network fully deployed by late 2012.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ultimate TV service now available in Thompson

MTS today announces the launch of its industry-leading MTS Ultimate TV service in Thompson, MB. The award winning MTS Ultimate TV service provides Manitobans with one of the most feature rich television experiences in Canada, and is made available over MTS's new fibre optic network called FiON.

Over 1,600 homes in Thompson are now eligible for fibre connection and MTS's Ultimate TV service. MTS plans to have FiON fully deployed in Thompson by late 2012.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Neepawa, Minnedosa, Killarney and Carberry will get FTTH in 2012

Looks like they are starting to get things upgraded here in Killarney. There are pallets of what looks like cabling spindles of some sort. They ware working on the MTS building in town. Not sure if they are building a second level or just getting the roof prepared for something to go on top of it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
According to Talk to MTS on twitter the exact launch dates were Oct 18 for Neepawa and Nov 1 for Carberry.

I see crews are still working here in Killarney so not too much longer hopefully.I'll be upgrading my internet for sure. Still deciding if I should switch from Bell TV.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Westman Cable cannot be happy about MTS bringing fiber to these communities. I love seeing these cable monopolies finally getting some head to head competition.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I switched over from BellTV to MTS for TV today. I'm in Killarney. Installer was around for about 2 hours. The modem/router is a Pace 5168N. Nice to see it is Wireless N and gigabit. I find the picture for HD slightly sharper with MTS than Bell. I don't watch much SD at all so never checked that out. The one thing I miss is the option to just show subscribed channels when in the guide that I had with Bell.

Also upgraded my Internet to FION50. Just did a quick speed test wirelessly on the laptop and it was 45 down and 4.5 up so just a bit under the advertised.

Great to see some smaller towns in Manitoba having access to such great Internet speeds and IPTV!

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I had a hunch you would be one of the first in Killarney. ;)
The one thing I miss is the option to just show subscribed channels when in the guide that I had with Bell.
However, you can customize the channel list on each STB and un-check any channels you don't watch.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been waiting patiently for Killarney to launch :) And that's what I've done - just unchecked channels I'm not subscribed to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cory B... you said that FION is avaialble in the new Kildonan Green development? Kildonan Green literally starts scross the back lane from my house.

Does anybody know when they will be offering the FION service outside of the newly built developments and if they are going to start with the "older" communities right next to ones that already offer it?

21 - 40 of 87 Posts