Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found nothing here discussing MSI. Does anyone have any comments regarding MSI laptops/desktops?

I'm looking at laptops and have come across a couple of MSI's that appear to be very spec-rich for the price.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I didn't have computers as per say but never had any problem with MSI components. I've had video cards (NVidia based), sound card, motherboards etc. Didn't know they had laptops. :eek:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Based on what a Future Shop rep told me they are built with many of the components in Sony laptops. I took that with a handful of salt and would have to do more research.

They do have some good deals on power laptops right now, I was looking at one myself yesterday.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
MSI's been in the component manufacturing business for years and their components are probably found in many big-name products (e.g. sony mentioned above)

Much like ASUS, I'd expect high quality because of the above fact.
I've never owned one, though, so who's to say if they're anything like ASUS? :p

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I had an MSI Wind U100 netbook when they were released and at the time it was fairly decent. Never really had a major issue with it.

I know others who really like MSI motherboards as well, so I'm guessing they are a fairly decent brand.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I have an X340 laptop which works well for my needs - it's an ultraportable (3 lbs. <1" thick), which is exactly what I was looking for i.e. smaller size, a little underpowered, but a step up from netbooks. The X350 and X360 were announced over 6 months ago, but I still haven't seen any retailers carrying the actual product, not that I'm looking to buy another one.

I use my laptop for very light computing - everything else I do on my desktop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts