Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1221 - 1231 of 1231 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,221
Bell have HD Channels on 91 and SD on 82, they do not keep them separated as they used to do.

Yes there was a massive "Free Upgrade" program several years ago when some Chinese Channels were moved over to 82, then yet more were done when the Horse Racing Channels moved.

Now when a new installation is done, it is almost always done with a DPP Twin or Quad LNBF, these LNBF's get signals from 91 & 82 so they are future-proof, well until Bell add a 3rd orbital slot anyway.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,223
Yes, what was your point.?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,225
Maybe they figured they had enough bandwidth with MPEG4.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You know its funny you mentioned 72. I remember a number of MPEG swaps I did where for some reason the customers receivers check switched 72 .5 and unknown satellite. I even had one that was pointed at 110 and 119. In all the cases they said they'd never had any problems. They were indeed Bell receivers and smartcards. At least they were labeled Bell. I did have a warranty call once for no signal where the install had been done a couple days before......extremely sloppy install btw......and it was pointed at 82 and 72.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,228
Actually the very first MPEG4 HD Channels were put on 91 and there would appear to be no reason to move them. If you have HD Reception from 82 you will also have 91 signals so it does not matter to the receiver where they are.

·
Registered
570 Posts
9200 question: Since we know that the current state for 9200 is that they can be used for OTA and Preview channel viewing. My question is can a 9200 that's been out of the stream ever get preview channels or will it continue to say that the smart card is not authorized to view programing on those particular channels? Just curious as its been in the stream for about 2 weeks with no luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just given a 6100 receiver. I already have 6 units on my Bell satellite account including some older SD receivers. Any way I can get Bell to swap me a newer HD receiver for the 6100? I know that program has long since ended but maybe they still exchange them in some cases?

1221 - 1231 of 1231 Posts