Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a weird issue that has cost a bit of time and money to try and solve so far, hoping I can get some help solving ..

I have a requirement to bring RCA composite in, and then easily (mpeg2) put it to dvd. This is a commercial application, and transcoding time is just not acceptable.

The main business requirement is to be able to stop/start recording as needed (2x a minute sometimes), but continue creating the same, 1 file. The issue I've found is that when recording into DV-AVI using my Canopus, this is possible with Windows Movie Maker. However, avi-->dvd takes forever, making client unhappy.

I then opted for a Roxio vhs->dvd usb adapter which brings the video in to Mpeg2, but each time I pause recording, it creates a separate file. Trying other software with the Roxio usb produces the same result.

Does anyone know of a software that allows start/stop recording while maintaining 1 file?

Many, many thanks in advance for your help on this one guys...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
just try an hauppauge pvr150

it's an oldie, but a goodie

it was THE card that drove the whole home PVR revolution

90% of HTPCs out there probably had a pvr150 in them at one point or another

just rca or svid in, and mpeg2 out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if the pvr150 will allow for recording stop/start without creating a new clip each time?

·
Registered
645 Posts
If it creates multiple clips couldn't you just combine them in the DVD authoring program?

If not, and you're running windows how about opening a command prompt window and using the copy command to combine the files?

Code:
copy /b clip1.mpg + clip2.mpg + clip3.mpg allclips.mpg
Kind of clunky but it might be the most inexpensive solution if you've already got the Roxio adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts