Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is moving next week to Toronto. He will be located in the Islington & Bloor area. He doesn't want TV service, just internet. And probably telephone. Who is the best internet provider?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'd suggest Teksavvy; cable if you can get it, or DSL if you can't.

Either way, you get the equivalent of Rogers or Bell service at ~30% discount AND their "basic" service allows for 200GB/month traffic vs. 60GB on the branded networks.

Teksavvy also offers telephone service (also discounted) and is buidling a very good reputation (on this and other forums) for customer support. Depending on your circumstances, VoIP might also be an option vs. a conventional pots/cable telephone service: way more features at way less cost. Downside is that you need to be somewhat technically astute to setup.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Second that...

Teksavvy is great. Their customer service is amazing. I've dealth with them for my dsl connection for years and have no complaints.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Throwing my two cents in too.

I've got Teksavvy for both home phone and internet. Price & service and top notch.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm with Teksavvy in London Ontario. I would not use anyone else if Teksavvy is available in your area. The Teksavvy cable has my vote !

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I currently use primus but am switching to tech savy soon as i dont need home phone (teksavvy cable is available). there are better voip solutiosn then a home phone nowadays.

Where in teh islington bloor area? i actualy live right at kipling station.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lothian Ave just (S) off Bloor.

I checked Teksavvy and they can provide cable internet at the new address. :)

Will give them a call. Thanks everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts