Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started looking into my migration away from anything Bell related.

Does anyone know if it's possible to switch my home phone to TekSavvy but keep my current DSL setup with Bell? I don't want to switch ISPs until all the dust has settled.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would imagine you could have TS phone and bell internet. Why not call and find out.

However you mention about the dust setteling, I may be not understanding things correctly however I do believe the same thing (caps / charges / etc.) is going to apply to bell retail customers.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I am doing the same, I called Teksavvy and this was their suggestion.

Move the Internet first. Call Bell, cancel, get the notice of the last day of service. Call Teksavvy when ready (they need 5 days lead time). I called Bell yesterday and my last day of service is May 3rd. I'll probably call Teksavvy next week as my internet connection is vital and 1 month of paying for both is small potatoes compared to driving downtown for a week or 2.

Once the Internet is with Teksavvy call them back to port over your phoneline(s). You don't need to cancel phone service with Bell. Teksavvy can transfer it for you.

Sadly I can't transfer my TV service to Teksavvy :p Not sure what I'm going to do there but I made it clear to Bell that all my services will be cancelled in the next 2 months and they can thank UBB.

This I was told is the best way to do it if you want to avoid any possible interruptions to service.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No can do... at least for now.

I've got a Bell DSL account with no cap at the moment. So, even though I'm paying a premium for that it's worth it to me until the dust settles with all this UBB stuff.

I'm going to call them to see if they can / I can do anything without risking the loss of my current DSL package.

The phone service alone from them should save me about $35 a month.

Slowly but surely Ma Bell is going to lose TV, internet, cell phone x 2 and landline. Buh BYE!

·
Super Moderator
16,891 Posts
@notsure, it might be worth waiting a month to see what happens with UBB. Once Bell "accidentally" disconnects your grandfathered DSL package, you won't be able to get it back (from what I've read here).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts